• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some stuff todo tomorrow morning, then a bit of food shopping collection and then its football for the first time in weeks.

I can almost fell the pain already

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Sodding vetting form for new gig. I haven't got a clue what I've done for the last five years, I don't live in the past!
      For one gig, the easiest way to find out the start date was to look in my Twitter archive, as I got it by responding to a tweet

Comment

Sodding vetting form for new gig. I haven't got a clue what I've done for the last five years, I don't live in the past!
        Doesnt your CV or linkedin profile date where and when you worked ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Doesnt your CV or linkedin profile date where and when you worked ?
          Yes, but I only put things down to a month's granularity, and this thing wants precise dates.

It's taken so long to gather all the info that I've had no time to cook, and had to go to the chip shop for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            It was like creeping around London during Jack The Ripper times - never realised all those nooks and crannies existed - I was using my Galaxy to map my way around to Bank tube and went through a Google mapped grey tunnel. If there was a fog machine it would have made it really authentic!

We just had a drink in the pub top part but looked at the wine bar - really nice. Will explore more of this - thanks for link.

GF#1 particularly loves this character of London, I do too despite my hatred of the commute/too-many-people aspect of it.

Spent all day realising that the algorithms and reports were way, way, way more complicated than first quoted. Here's hoping "slight increment pretty please" won't be laughed out of the office with client #1 or I'm royally fecked...

Already 1 week behind completion estimate....
            Best time to go into the city is at the weekend, you can then go around all those old streets undisturbed. There's certainly lots to explore.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              Sorry to hear about Mr N...

Give him our regards please.
              Will do! I really wish I could do summat for him.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Yes, but I only put things down to a month's granularity, and this thing wants precise dates.

It's taken so long to gather all the info that I've had no time to cook, and had to go to the chip shop for dinner
                Ooooh! I could murder some chip shop chips.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Have been mulling over xmas dinner and think that a cote de boeuf with an epoisse sauce ( aka a big fat steak and cheesy sauce) sounds good.

All depends on if I can find someone who does aged steak locally.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Have been mulling over xmas dinner and think that a cote de boeuf with an epoisse sauce ( aka a big fat steak and cheesy sauce) sounds good.

All depends on if I can find someone who does aged steak locally.
                    Better still: two big fat steaks

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Best time to go into the city is at the weekend, you can then go around all those old streets undisturbed. There's certainly lots to explore.
                      If you are there in the week. The Inns of Court and Lincoln's Inn are both worth a wander through but are closed at weekends. The London Silver Vaults are just around the corner as well.

There are also some roman baths underneath one of the buildings in that area tucked down a little back alley on Strand Lane. It's National trust but only open on a Wednesday pm and you have to book a week in advance (as I found out when I stumbled across it by accident on one of my lunchtime perambulations while at ex-client co.)
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X