• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Stock now underway.

I need a bigger pot, I could barely fit all the carcasses into the large one that I have.
    Tell me about it.

It's a perennial problem for me.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      In which case he should have learnt JavaScript.

I find putting 20 years experience usually gets agents curious enough to ring me immediately (hint, hint)
      Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Byeeee

And out into the cold & vasty dark I go.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          The considered plumbing opinion seems to be that one cuts one's own out of a bit of leather.

Which is a really good idea.

Especially if I do it now rather than when I need it in a hurry.

The last washer was required when a little screw was washed along to the hot tap of the bath, whilst I was in it, and I knackered the washer trying to stop myself being scalded coz I'd turned it on with my toes & then couldn't turn it off again.

Flood of questions...

White plastic?
          Polywasher?
          Or Rubber?
          Goes under the tap on the sink?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Which book was that out of?
            H2G2, as quoted in the original quote
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Wow! I've never seen LinkedIn offline...
              Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                Wow! I've never seen LinkedIn offline...
                its recovered from its error now
                Join IPSE

Comment

Sent Mr N my amazon wish list.

I suppose its better than having him guess.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Looking at Bristol hotels on TripAdvisor, against the possibility of a gig down there.

God, there's some whinging gits out there

There was one hotel I stayed at a number of times when working there a few years ago, which was a big old house and rather run down - this was an advantage, as it was very inexpensive by Bristol standards, but the rooms were absolutely fine if you didn't care about the wallpaper being a bit faded, and they did an excellent breakfast. Oh, free parking too, which is as rare as hen's teeth around central Bristol.

But sadly it seems the family who owned it have sold up, because it's now been lavishly done up, and as a result is a bit pricey compared to what it used to be

Now looking at another place that's a bit shabby OK for faded splendour, and apparently also does an excellent breakfast (quote from TA: "This would have been a one-star review if not for the breakfast"). Even better, it's approximately one minute's walk from a really excellent back-street Victorian pub I know, whereas the other place was a good two-and-a-half minutes away

Comment

Bit chilly tonight. I may even shut the window at this rate

Comment

Working...
                      X