• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, Mr N's old back problem has come back with a vengeance, we're hoping it doesn't involve surgery this time and can be fixed with Physio, he can only lie down or walk around briefly, sitting is not an option as it puts pressure on his spine.

Here's hoping it gets better.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

reckon I'm going for a 3 or 5 bird roast again for chrimbob...
      Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
        reckon I'm going for a 3 or 5 bird roast again for chrimbob...
        I used to get mine from here, they also deliver but not to the mainland

Am tempted to drive over and get one sent to Mr N's mums and we can then bring it back.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Am tempted to drive over and get one sent to Mr N's mums and we can then bring it back.
          Looked at them last year, but it needs to be kept frozen, and my freezer is ridiculously tiny. Every year we say we need to get a big one for the garage, but never actually do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Looked at them last year, but it needs to be kept frozen, and my freezer is ridiculously tiny. Every year we say we need to get a big one for the garage, but never actually do anything about it.
            You can order in advance and get it delivered near xmas.

We didn't live too far from them so used to put in the order in October and then pick it up on xmas eve.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I tend to stick in an order at Windsor Farm shop...
              Join IPSE

Comment

Is next Wednesday a good day for London drinks? Or will people be playing with fireworks?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Frozen? They've only ever had fresh when I ordered them.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

You can order in advance and get it delivered near xmas.

We didn't live too far from them so used to put in the order in October and then pick it up on xmas eve.
                    Yeah, I looked into it last year, but the delivery was enough days in advance that it needed to be frozen. Can't remember the details.

Edit: http://www.franklinsfarm.co.uk/pdf/C..._Form_2013.pdf

LONG DISTANCE COURIER DELIVERY DATE:
                    18 December with a next day delivery service.
                    NOTE: These goods will need to be frozen for Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                      Did you have an ultrasonic transmitter to test it with?
                      Yes.

It's the infrared transmitter with the leds removed & replaced with an ultrasonic transmitter transducer.

All in all, I think IR is a lot easier.

Mostly coz the difficult stuff (the IR detector, amplifier & filter) lives in a little 3 pin package.

Comment

Working...
                      X