• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    a bridge too far?
    2 hour commute, yep.

Will start looking at stuff miles away if benchtime gets too long.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Cloggies are pretty obsessed with coffee too which is a good thing, plenty of decent coffee shops.
      Try the Norwegians. They even have a special world for the coffee you brew over an open fire when out hiking, turkaffe, and the break you have when stopping for it, kafferast. And for the pot you brew it in, kaffelars.

They *really* like coffee.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Spending the day in deepest darkest Warwickshire. Grey and drizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Spending the day in deepest darkest Warwickshire. Grey and drizzly.
          Good job you are there this week. Next week SimonMac will be in the area
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Your DPD driver John will deliver your order today 12:07 - 13:07

The excitement builds...

Comment

...and my new shredder has arrived.

Comment

Off to find some food...

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  ...and my new shredder has arrived.
                  What did you get? My Rexel 60X got very tired shredding eight years of company records.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    What did you get? My Rexel 60X got very tired shredding eight years of company records.
                    Rexel 100X

Can't be bothered to stand there feeding in a couple of sheets at a time.

The one it's replacing is a 60X which has served it's purpose for the past x years.

New one is slightly bigger and quieter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      Rexel 100X

Can't be bothered to stand there feeding in a couple of sheets at a time.

The one it's replacing is a 60X which has served it's purpose for the past x years.

New one is slightly bigger and quieter.
                      My 60X (which I think you recommended) stopped bulk feeding particularly well, unless I weighted down the lid. It also then refused to pull the paper through quite often, so just ran forever doing nothing until it overheated, cooled and restarted the loop.

It does OK for now, though, since the bulk load of shredding is done.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X