• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I wonder if anyone is going to try the bulls balls on the BROR snack menu?
    Mmm, maybe not

Are you going for the matching wines? Costs almost as much as the meal

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      Mmm, maybe not

Are you going for the matching wines? Costs almost as much as the meal
      They are really good, not what I expected, I had to try them.

Since we're going for the tasting menu always best to go with the wines as well, makes life easier, just remember the prices are in DKK not GBP or EUR.

I always go with wine pairings, that way you get to try a vast array rather than just one bottle. Also I hope we get Bo the manager/sommelier serving us as he was pretty heavy handed with the wines and a good laugh.

It's not going to be a cheap weekend, as the Scandi countries never are, but it is money well spent and if you're going to go all the way there, you might as well enjoy it.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

That reminds me, need to get some kroner this week.

Comment

Most european hotels have them, we're not exactly staying in a dive.

Am thinking I might actually do some sight seeing this time, spent more time trying out various cafes etc... the last time, though in my defence it was p!ssing it down the whole weekend. Though some of you guys might like to check this place out for their beers.

And this place is not far from BROR, where we're going Friday.

Have e-mailed Amass to see if we can get a table overlooking the kitchen.
          They do open top bus tours if we want to be proper tourists. Riverboat tours as well.

As long as I get to see the mermaid, I'm happy. Guess there must be some sort of Hans Christian Andersen museum somewhere too.

There's a Copenhagen card that gives you access to lots of attractions and travel. Not sure if we'll have enough time to make it worthwhile.

Comment

Do you really want to know?

- Oprah
            The Oprah isn't over til the fat lady sings:

Sorry, no helicopters.

Comment

That goes rather well with the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                That reminds me, need to get some kroner this week.
                Exchange rate good at the mo. I knew there was something I meant to do this lunchtime.

Comment

They are really good, not what I expected, I had to try them.

Since we're going for the tasting menu always best to go with the wines as well, makes life easier, just remember the prices are in DKK not GBP or EUR.

I always go with wine pairings, that way you get to try a vast array rather than just one bottle. Also I hope we get Bo the manager/sommelier serving us as he was pretty heavy handed with the wines and a good laugh.

It's not going to be a cheap weekend, as the Scandi countries never are, but it is money well spent and if you're going to go all the way there, you might as well enjoy it.
                  How much (ballpark) are we looking at per restaurant? £100? more? less?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Slight awkward discussion about rate and how flexible I am - but I think I picked the right range as there is going to be a next stage on Friday.
                    And that also went well.

Hopefully the next phase will be the last one.

Comment

The latest ZeitRemoteControlForBuggy is progressing.

Naturally transferring it to a pcb has proved problematic, requiring changes to component values.

Ho hum.

<Note to self: do try to remember to read the sensor datasheet next time>

Comment

Working...
                      X