• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a great Sunday peeps...
    Join IPSE

Comment

Morning
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Started off a bit iffy today, but nice and sunny now.

Today I will make some burgers for later on and also to go in the freezer. Also got some brisket which might be brined for a week, to make corned beef or might end up becoming a pot roast today.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Think I'll watch Margin Call. I don't know if it did well at the box office (I haven't been to a cinema since last century, as far as I remember), but it does a pretty good job of dramatising the humongous ****up perpetrated by all those financial geniuses who we're told need to be paid a fortune to stop them going away to a place where, presumably, they can't **** things up so badly.
          I really liked Margin Call. I think it was the most realistic movie I've seen about the banking crisis. No stupid fictional gun battles or car chases shoehorned in, just lots of increasingly desperate meetings but still never boring.

Comment

Morning Afternoon all.

Lovely day.

There we are; two houses vacuumed & a bit of one dusted.

Lunch cooked & eaten (roast beef with rice pud for sweet, beef overdone but rice pud just right).

Off out (food) shopping once I've done the dishes.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Ooooo, just had a big dip in the 'lektrick supply.

The boiler reset itself.
              I forgot that the 2.4GHz video sender down in the garage gets its knickers in a twist.

Had to reset the bugger this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                ommm...
                Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

I felt really odd this morning after the Corolla tax thing. (See Pondy's thread about his dad).

Dunno if it was low blood sugar (hadn't had breakfast & had been busy watering tomatoes etc.).

Maybe it's just old age.

I shall have to ask the Metrons.

Comment

Called in to supermarket to get some apples and my agent was there.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Afternoon all.

Overslept this morning so missed the club ride. Did some cooking instead.

Asparagus and Cheese Tart for lunch.

Pot au Feu of braised pork belly for dinner tonight.

Mowed the lawns, hopefully for the last time this year.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X