• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    No worries - she'll have forgotten by tomorrow.

Taking my mother for a trip on the London Eye and a river cruise on Saturday. I'm already feeling stressed to **** about it. Mother/wheelchair/train/lengthy toilet visits every half hour/won't wear hearing aid = deficit of patience.

But I did feel bad when she said she'd never seen it, and she really doesn't have much (any) fun these days, so will aim to smile and be cheerful. Taking ms#3 with me for moral and physical support (he's never been on the Eye either).
    I'd have said it would be easier to drive in on a weekend, easy parking for Blue badge holders too...
    Join IPSE

Comment

Adding another level of indirection FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
        I'd have said it would be easier to drive in on a weekend, easy parking for Blue badge holders too...
        Yeah, will look into that. Waterloo station says there's one blue badge space - can't be right, shirley?

The London Eye offers a free space for a 'carer' - you have to show your blue badge (or DLA letter) to get it. No idea where her DLA letter is, and if we take her blue badge to show, we can't use it for parking. I think I might just photocopy it and go with that - she's pretty decrepit, so there shouldn't be any argument.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Yeah, will look into that. Waterloo station says there's one blue badge space - can't be right, shirley?

The London Eye offers a free space for a 'carer' - you have to show your blue badge (or DLA letter) to get it. No idea where her DLA letter is, and if we take her blue badge to show, we can't use it for parking. I think I might just photocopy it and go with that - she's pretty decrepit, so there shouldn't be any argument.
            Yes but remember, you could park on yellow lines too...
            Join IPSE

Comment

Morning
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Best go to work I suppose....

Comment

Good Morning one and all.

I trust everyone is fine and dandy?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Good Morning one and all.

I trust everyone is fine and dandy?

I am indeed Dandy.

Yourself?

Comment

Last day of cycling today. And the only reason I cycled is I have my swimming lesson tonight(at the Canary Wharf continuous pool).

Tomorrow I start carb loading in preparation for the brutal....

Comment

Working...
                      X