• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Dale Winton's Lottery quiz thing on the box.

Guy gets multi-choice question "Which sport is the Scottish resort of Aviemore famous for?" wrong (he went for motor racing) and ends up in the red area.

His question to get out the red area is:

Penzance is in which English County?

His answer (after some deliberation about thinking it's up North)

Scotland.

Use to like going up to Aviemore for skiing...long time ago now
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
      Use to like going up to Aviemore for skiing...long time ago now
      Went up there last summer. Beautiful part of the world, and nice and quiet in July. Not much good for skiing though.

Comment

It's 22:18 and it's taken another two solid days on top of a couple of weeks previously but I don't care because I've done what 'they' all said couldn't be done.

Not that it's going to make me millions, but I'm now the holder of an application which genuinely has a feature which no other does. My clients (future and present) are going to be very chuffed when I show (sell) them this!

Comment

22:22 again

Comment

It seems to be 22:22 a lot more often than other times of day

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              It seems to be 22:22 a lot more often than other times of day
              Might explain my constant tiredness (Or is that due to my inability to switch off whenever there's an engineering challenge to be conquered - anyone else find that?)

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Might explain my constant tiredness (Or is that due to my inability to switch off whenever there's an engineering challenge to be conquered - anyone else find that?)
                Left the office around 6 on Friday with something half done - it was probably another two hours work, so I wasn't going to hang around for that long. I've mentally redesigned it 3 times since then - should have just finished the bloody job there and then.

Comment

It's 22:18 and it's taken another two solid days on top of a couple of weeks previously but I don't care because I've done what 'they' all said couldn't be done.

Not that it's going to make me millions, but I'm now the holder of an application which genuinely has a feature which no other does. My clients (future and present) are going to be very chuffed when I show (sell) them this!

Comment

(Or is that due to my inability to switch off whenever there's an engineering challenge to be conquered - anyone else find that?)
                    I've been sitting here for twenty minutes, running the test suite over and over again while I try to work out how to do the refactoring I want to do.

So far, I've added a class that has one property and two methods, neither of which has any implementation. I just cut the property out, then put it back again. Then I went to change its name, but as the backspacing got to the first character I realised I had no idea what I was going to change it to, so I undid that.

But at least all the tests still pass

Might get an early night…

Comment

Ooops, just had an embarrassing facebook incident where I sent a "bereavement" message saying how great her recently deceased dad was to the wrong person...

Comment

Working...
                      X