• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm - the postman has just brought the parcel from Thornton's.

And MrsF is out at the moment.

It would be a shame not to sample their wares...
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Mmm - the postman has just brought the parcel from Thornton's.

And MrsF is out at the moment.

It would be a shame not to sample their wares...
      Only thing I liked from Thorntons was the toffee, the chocolates were awful.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Did a Beer can Pollo La Brasa (Chicken marinaded in Soy Sauce, paprika, cumin, Lime Juice, bbq'd and then served with a chilli aioli) last Sunday and some ribs mid week. Actually, I think these were the best ribs todate. 2 hours over smoke, 2 hrs in foil but with some OJ poured in and then 1hr foil open with bbq marinade on. All at a steady 220DegF. It's great as I can take the dog out for an hour and when I come back everything is still at the same temp without the need to fiddle.

Off on hols tomorrow and have too much to sort out today, plus I'm all out of lumpwood.

You?
        I was planning to make burgers, but Mr N having contracted my lurgy of doom, demanded stew, so I 'm making stoofvlees today.

I will however be getting some ribs tomorrow and quite fancy doing a roast chuck too!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          Morning all!

A very broken night's sleep, mostly spent on the sofa, means I'm knackered.

I was dreaming a lot. One of them was bizarre and probably means something is wrong with me:

I met MF and she was an attractive red haired lady. I was vaguely surprised but very pleased to finally meet someone I'd heard so much about.

Luckily I don't remember the rest. Why am I dreaming about CUK?
          Has the missus chucked you out of bed?

MF is red haired lady, not sure about attractive, but if you like rotund gingers then go for it!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Wfh and extremely bored.

Popped to the market earlier to get some stuff for dinner, of course had to pop into the local wine emporium ( who also happen to have a nice selection of whiskies, about 1500), and notice they have now started stocking loads of craft beers.

Shame my panniers hold feck all

Methinks a beer tasting is in order at some point.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Has the missus chucked you out of bed?

MF is red haired lady, not sure about attractive, but if you like rotund gingers then go for it!
              She didn't chuck me out - I removed myself when it became clear that there wasn't room for two of us. She was having a very wriggly night trying to get comfortable so I let her have my space. It might become a more regular thing for now. It's less than four weeks until due date...

Perhaps going and sharing with MF might be an option for the new few weeks!

Comment

She didn't chuck me out - I removed myself when it became clear that there wasn't room for two of us. She was having a very wriggly night trying to get comfortable so I let her have my space. It might become a more regular thing for now. It's less than four weeks until due date...

Perhaps going and sharing with MF might be an option for the new few weeks!
                I was only joking, but not about MF

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I was only joking, but not about MF
                  Ah sorry, missed that. D'oh. That'll teach me to reply without thinking.

Stoofvlees, eh? I've just had to Google it. Looks very good. I may need to have a crack at that at some point this winter.

Comment

Ah sorry, missed that. D'oh. That'll teach me to reply without thinking.

Stoofvlees, eh? I've just had to Google it. Looks very good. I may need to have a crack at that at some point this winter.
                    This is the one I like to make

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I was planning to make burgers, but Mr N having contracted my lurgy of doom, demanded stew, so I 'm making stoofvlees today.

I will however be getting some ribs tomorrow and quite fancy doing a roast chuck too!
                      Mr N after me getting ingredients for stew said he wouldn't mind burgers after all!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X