• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Are you going to arrange a grub club to HyperD's new '' pop-up restaurant'' then?
    I didn't know he had one

Comment

Good Morning fellow cukkers.

Today's motivation forecast is currently Meh. With expected pffft early this afternoon, and a brief spell of Really, not this crap again! about 3pm. Finally closing out the day at about 5ish with Fck you, you don't own me.

This forecast maybe downgraded at anytime if someone emails me
      Last edited by Pondlife; 4 September 2014, 09:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Today's motivation forecast is currently Meh. With expected pffft early this afternoon, and a brief spell of Really, not this crap again! about 3pm. Finally closing out the day at about 5ish with Fck you, you don't own me.

I think it's pretty much the same here as well, but the Fck you will come at about 3pm CET.

The forecast did start with a ''bored now'' at 9am.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Once in the 6th form, one might wear the upper skool tie.

Those who represented the skool by playing rugby or cricket had the option of an even more exclusive upper skool tie.
          That was why my 6th form had V-neck jumpers, so that people could see your tie. Sports colours got a maroon tie with school crest, house prefect got a normal school tie but with the school crest on it, school prefect had a blue tie with the school crest.

It got more confusing as well when prefects decided not to wear a prefect's tie and wore their sports one instead, since the lower school didn't know whether they were prefects or not.

Needless to say, I don't have one of those.
          +1 I represented my house at rugby, hockey and cricket, because we didn't have enough people otherwise and I had to play in the team. Hated almost every minute of the rugby and hockey.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I was (very briefly) a prefect, but decided it wasn't for me (I don't like telling people what to do) so gave the badge back to the head prefect.
            Every prefect at my school was always asked in advance whether they would accept the "honour". Unfortunately, some bright spark worked out that my house didn't have many candidates, and the best prospect had already turned it down, so they removed that option and just announced it in assembly one morning that I was being "awarded" the honour.

B'stards waited until my UCCA form had gone in, so I didn't even get to put in on there as an achievement

The concept of giving it back once awarded was not the done thing, sadly.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Why not fill in some of your downtime by visiting the IPSE forums and joining in the welcoming community over there?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Why not fill in some of your downtime by visiting the IPSE forums and joining in the welcoming community over there?
                You mean by asking A simple question about the name change.

I think I only have about 10 posts and the last was in 2009. Any posts I made now would clearly be because I had an agenda.

Comment

Need to start the whole gig search process again, though first a new website and logo needs to be sorted.

Anyone used anything useful to generate a logo?
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Need to start the whole gig search process again, though first a new website and logo needs to be sorted.

Anyone used anything useful to generate a logo?
                    fiverr or peopleperhour. Think the last one I bought cost $40 after using 8 fiverr gigs and choosing my favourite one.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

And there's a boring meeting at 9:30 up the hill a bit.
                      Thank feck I got out of there just before I was going to reach for my Uzi.

Comment

Working...
                      X