• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to look something up in an O'Reilly book, but it was over the other side of the room and I couldn't be bothered to get up.

So I went on their website, registered my ownership of the print book, and was able to buy and download the ebook for $4.99.

Sorted. Lazy in the extreme; but sorted

Comment

Goodness me, you can still get antimacassars.

Well, I'm astounded, Caruthers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Goodness me, you can still get antimacassars.

Well, I'm astounded, Caruthers.
        But can one still get the macassar to render them necessary?

Comment

As iOS 8 will be along in a week or two, I'm finally taking the huge step of upgrading my iPad from iOS 5 to iOS 7.

Then I'll be able to use all those apps that I've got but couldn't use because they required iOS 6

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            But can one still get the macassar to render them necessary?
            Macassar oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dunno.

WTF is ylang-ylang oil?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Good luck!
              Cheers! Bag weighed in at just over 16kg / 35.5 lbs and I managed to get round in 2:03:30. I'd have loved to have have come in under 2 hours as that's what reservist Parachute Regiment folk have to get (1:50 for regs - though both groups have to carry a weapon, too), but I'm pretty happy overall. I'd definitely forgotten how tough the second half gets though! Those near vertical scrambles *shudder*

Some nice write ups from years gone by for anyone who's interested in something very different:

Race Review: Paras’ 10 |
              The Paras 10 (Catterick Garrison) – The Route | A nice cup of tea and a sit down

Definitely a lot more rewarding than your average road race and, IMHO, without the 'silliness' of the likes of tough mudder. Just you and the terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Cheers! Bag weighed in at just over 16kg / 35.5 lbs and I managed to get round in 2:03:30. I'd have loved to have have come in under 2 hours as that's what reservist Parachute Regiment folk have to get (1:50 for regs - though both groups have to carry a weapon, too), but I'm pretty happy overall. I'd definitely forgotten how tough the second half gets though! Those near vertical scrambles *shudder*

Some nice write ups from years gone by for anyone who's interested in something very different:

Race Review: Paras’ 10 |
                The Paras 10 (Catterick Garrison) – The Route | A nice cup of tea and a sit down

Definitely a lot more rewarding than your average road race and, IMHO, without the 'silliness' of the likes of tough mudder. Just you and the terrain.
                Well done A couple of my parkrun mates were there today too. But they are middle aged ladies, so I imagine were some way behind you.

Comment

Well done A couple of my parkrun mates were there today too. But they are middle aged ladies, so I imagine were some way behind you.
                  Ah, just checked, they did the one without the bergens.

Comment

Ah, just checked, they did the one without the bergens.
                    Still a fair achievement! Tell them well done

I've had my Parkrun barcodes upstairs for about 6 months but I've yet to get to one - early morning Saturday just doesn't work for me ! Are they good?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                      Still a fair achievement! Tell them well done

I've had my Parkrun barcodes upstairs for about 6 months but I've yet to get to one - early morning Saturday just doesn't work for me ! Are they good?
                      Yep - excellent. You should give it a go. Very friendly. All ages, shapes and sizes turn up. Our local parkrun celeb is Paula Fudge - former 5K world record holder, and we've also had Mike Gratton - former London Marathon winner. But the real star of our parkrun is Dennis - a white haired, stringy octogenarian who rarely misses a week and usually comes in last to lots of cheers and applause.

Have done 95, so nearly at my 100 t-shirt, but been volunteering the last couple of months, 'coz my hip's dodgy.

Really missing it - hoping to be running again soon, but got my Inca Trail at the end of September, so don't want to risk it till after that.

Comment

Working...
                      X