• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leftover chicken casserole for dinner. It's been in the fridge since Friday night, but I daresay it'll be all right.

I'm beginning to sound like Ben Goldacre on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      That's a hardware problem. Zeity's probably got a few tucked away in a cupboard somewhere
      Another of life's imponderable questions; wtf is one supposed to do with a borked 8 foot flourescent tube? Would Jonathan Porritt take it into the cellar and smash it up so it fits in the bin? What does google say?

The Environment Agency has therefore determined that Fluorescent Tubes are now classified as Hazardous Waste and therefore should preferably be recycled or if absolutely necessary, taken to specific landfill sites which can cater for mercury bearing wastes. The actual number of sites in the UK that can cater for such waste is very limited
      and

The Mercury from 1 single Fluorescent Tube is enough to pollute 30,000 Litres of Water beyond the safe drinking level in the UK.
      So, it's mercury dust over the house or a trip to feck knows where.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        pali?
        On this occasion I will not be deleting posts to annoy anyone
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The Icelandic volcano Bárðarbunga is showing signs of waking up: Intense seismic activity in Iceland

BBC newsreaders have been sent on an intensive three-day course in how to pronounce its name.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            The bulb has gone in my kitchen. It was an 8 foot strip light. God knows how long it's been there (14 years?). After a weeks fruitless searching, it appears they are now obsolete so the whole unit needs to be replaced.

Still, the resticted cooking conditions resulted in pie and peas tonight
            You can buy LED replacement units that will fit in to a fluorescent strip fitting. plus adaptor units if the fitting is too big. Try LED Hut? Think that's where I saw 'em anyway..
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
              wonder how Brillo and Dallas are getting on in Midnight (wo)man ?
              Event - Midnight Man Long Distance Triathlon - Tri247

Looks like he finished in well under 15 hours, which sounds like pretty good going to me, although no idea what time he normally clocks up.

Comment

My new swim lap count timing gadget thingy has arrived.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will see if I can motivate myself for a 6am start to try it out...

Comment

Event - Midnight Man Long Distance Triathlon - Tri247

Looks like he finished in well under 15 hours, which sounds like pretty good going to me, although no idea what time he normally clocks up.
                  Better than me, either way

Comment

My new swim lap count timing gadget thingy has arrived.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will see if I can motivate myself for a 6am start to try it out...
                    pm. 6 is in the pm.

Comment

Oh FFS. Time Machine stopped backing up late last night, insisting that the target disk image was in use, which it wasn't.

Today I've spent probably three hours mucking about with the disk image, with half a dozen browser tabs open to various blogs and troubleshooting guides and three separate tabs in the Terminal, trying all kinds of stuff. As none of this helped and this has happened before, with exactly similar messages in console.log, I gave up and decided to start a new backup on a different disk. This, however, involved copying a load of stuff (~160GB) off that disk to another disk to make room, which naturally took a while as one of the disks was on the end of a USB 2 port.

I just checked, and everything had finished being copied while I was eating dinner, so I deleted the originals and had loads of room for my new backup.

Then I went to Time Machine preferences… and while all this copying nonsense was going on, it had decided everything was OK with the original backup and started using it again

In fact, it had made three successful incremental backups since I last looked in the logs, so it's been working for several hours while I've been fannying about

Ah well. One good thing is that I uncovered a snafu in my config which, it seems, was almost certainly what had been causing the problem in the first place; so with a bit of luck it's going to work OK in future

All together now: "It Just Works"

Comment

Working...
                      X