• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is all this "too darn hot" you hu-mans keep mentioning?

It's overcast & a tolerable 24 deg C here in the Principality.

Almost warm enough to take my jumper off.

Spent some of the evening tying up tomato plants in the greenhouses.

With she who would be ZeitMog II helping.

Not over fussed about string as it transpires.

Doesn't like rain though.

ZeitMog used to hate rain when she was younger, but as she became a very old cat indeed, she became increasing indifferent, and instead of banging on the windows to come in, she'd just sit on the floor & get wet.

Mostly because she couldn't jump onto the windowsill any more.

Comment

On which mildly depressing note, I'm off to bed.

Sproing.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        What is all this "too darn hot" you hu-mans keep mentioning?

It's overcast & a tolerable 24 deg C here in the Principality.

Almost warm enough to take my jumper off.

Spent some of the evening tying up tomato plants in the greenhouses.

With she who would be ZeitMog II helping.

Not over fussed about string as it transpires.

Doesn't like rain though.

ZeitMog used to hate rain when she was younger, but as she became a very old cat indeed, she became increasing indifferent, and instead of banging on the windows to come in, she'd just sit on the floor & get wet.

Mostly because she couldn't jump onto the windowsill any more.
        I also find it harder to jump up on things nowadays

I still rather like string though. It's one of those things that tends to be taken for granted, but if you look into it, there's a lot going on there

Comment

Sometimes, I want to look something up, and I remember referring to it in Monday Links. I use a bookmark to this Google search for that, typing my specific terms after it. Usually only takes a go or two to find what I was after

Currently open in another browser tab: Monday Links CXXI, the day after my birthday two years ago; because something reminded me of the Baby Cage on the Pathé Newsreel

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I still rather like string though. It's one of those things that tends to be taken for granted, but if you look into it, there's a lot going on there
              Jumping up on stuff is one thing, jumping back down again is a whole different kettle of cod. :

There's lots of theories about string these days.

My theory is that hemp or jute make good string.

So that's what I've been using for the tomato plant bondage.

Comment

Sometimes, I want to look something up, and I remember referring to it in Monday Links. I use a bookmark to this Google search for that, typing my specific terms after it. Usually only takes a go or two to find what I was after
                Thanks for that, never seen it before.

Naturally had to search on "ZeitMog" which oddly brought on my hayfever type eyewatering.

Comment

Well, that's the oven warming ready for the chunk I hacked off the leg of lamb.

In fact there's enough lamb for 3 sunday dinners, so I have cut it into 3 similarly sized chunks.

Two are now in the freezer & one will be getting itself cooked very shortly.

Yum.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Thanks for that, never seen it before.
                    +1

I've even popped my TPD cherry to mark the occasion

Comment

String is a very important thing,
                      Rope is thicker,
                      But string is quicker.

- Spike Milligan
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X