• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    Wow!, nice resurrection of sockies
    Are they zombies?

You've got to shoot the mother****ers in the head or they just keep on coming.

Comment

Well there we are.

Another Sunday lunch cooked & eaten.

Lamb today. I found a leg in the freezer, where it's been for at least 6 months.

Made a pleasant change from beef.

There's enough to see me through the week, from the looks of it.

Portion control needs some attention, the combination of the creamed spuds & roast spuds and garden peas and carrots was positively mountainous.

The rice pud was surprisingly nice too.

Comment

In other other news, I finally rang the care people so they could collect their documents & get themselves paid for the final 3 days.

Also gave the jacket/coat thingie back coz I don't think it belongs to ZeitMater.

Comment

As to how many more Sunday lunches I'll be bothered to cook, that's a bit of an open question.

More important is wtf I do with all the bacon in the freezer.

Plus all the yellow dyed haddock that I can't stand either.

Not to mention the tubs of gooseberries that go back two or more years. (If the previous larger freezer hadn't gone tits up, they'd go back the better part of the decade , small mercies ).

Comment

I'll be going food shopping shortly.

More joy.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              As to how many more Sunday lunches I'll be bothered to cook, that's a bit of an open question.
              Bother. Because you're worth it. (with apologies to L'Oreal)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                In other other news, I finally rang the care people so they could collect their documents & get themselves paid for the final 3 days.

Also gave the jacket/coat thingie back coz I don't think it belongs to ZeitMater.
                Been away for a couple of weeks, have care arrangements for ZP and ZM been sorted then?
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

ZeitPater is off to a nursing home tomorrow.

ZeitMater will follow him when social services pull their collective fingers out.

Until then, there's two journeys to make.

Ho very hum.

Comment

I like lamb.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I like lamb.
                      Me too...lamb and chicken kebabs, lamb chops, bacon on the BBQ today with sweet potato too

Mahooosive gammon joint put on which after 3 hours, cooked perfectly!...

I should have a BBQ more often but tbh...I'm the only meat eater in the house so seems pointless to me...lots of veggie stuff which some was nice but the rest was
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X