• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Was reading about that. Sounds like they never actually looked in the place that they'd pinpointed? Could turn up yet, I guess.
      That's right - the spurious pings a good distance further north took their attention, although it wasn't clear (to me, though I may just have missed it) if they found those before or after Inmarsat narrowed their projected location for the final, incomplete handshake down to where it is now.

Comment

Oh, and Happy Summer Solstice, everybody

Comment

Phone gone AWOL.

Assume I left it at clientCo.

Tried the tracker thing I put on it. Showed it at home. Clicked locate, then it showed it at clientCo. Good, I thought. Clicked locate again, and it shows it in Crowthorne (about 2 miles up the road from me). How odd.

Will pop into clientCo on the way to parkrun and see if it can be found.

Hopefully my data is better than MH370s

Comment

Found it - it was down the side of the chair.

(They did check down the back of the sofa for the plane, didn't they?)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Found it - it was down the side of the chair.

(They did check down the back of the sofa for the plane, didn't they?)
              Somebody thought they might have seen it on the window ledge in the kitchen, so they spent several weeks and millions of dollars looking there. Now they're hoping to have a look down the back of the sofa in a couple of months.

Comment

Sofa bought to replace the family room table which was simply used as a dumping ground.

Thankfully the Argos furniture clearance is in town so the £500 sofa was £128. Plus £20 for man with van to collect and delivery
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Mrs Eek decided we should have a BBQ. Result in large black clouds so sorry doohg....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Just watched the Horizon about the missing plane. Some clever people at Inmarsat
                    I thought exactly the same thing. And they have rather nice offices as well...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Sofa bought to replace the family room table which was simply used as a dumping ground.

Thankfully the Argos furniture clearance is in town so the £500 sofa was £128. Plus £20 for man with van to collect and delivery
                      That is an excellent idea. Sadly if we get rid of the table we'll have to dine precariously on our knees all of the time, not good for our backs, digestion or the existing sofa.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X