• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telematic Tracking system.

That sounds hard to me.

A GAL's got to know his limitations.

Comment

Four more episodes of Breaking Bad to watch.

Think I'll get myself a beer and get through them all tonight

Comment

I must say, I'm surprised the Aryan Supremacists Association of America didn't make more of a fuss about the frankly rather unpleasant ways imputed to their members in this programme :nazi:

That may sound like a joke, but the Italian-American Civil Rights League did "secure an agreement" that the terms "Mafia" and "Cosa Nostra" would not be used in The Godfather; and the American Italian Defamation Association (from Chicago) sued Time Warner over the depiction of Italian Americans in The Sopranos

Comment

Wow

No spoilers from me though, just in case anybody here hasn't seen it yet.

My (spoiler-free) opinion of the whole thing is on the relevant thread over in General

Now I've got to decide what to watch next. I got hold of the Oz box set recently, as I've only ever seen the odd episode of that (my then GF wasn't keen on it) but it struck me as very good. But TBH I'm rather tempted to watch The Wire all over again - I think it's safe to say that it's one that's worth seeing twice, and will only improve on the re-watching.

Especially now I know Baltimore so well from first time around, so won't keep pausing it to go off and find the exact location of the scene I'm watching on StreetView
          Last edited by NickFitz; 7 June 2014, 01:53. Reason: I'm going to add :smokin to my autocorrect dictionary…

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Afternoon all.

Nearly falling asleep here at the moment.

I think it must have been down to the thunderstorm(s) waking I up this morning at 4 a.m.

Comment

I've just had a couple of hours kip.

When I opened my eyes it was exactly 3:33. That seems to happen a lot (although it's normally 2:22am)

Comment

Rain stopped, sun coming out, Might have to nip out for a quick spin if this keeps up
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Got to wondering if the stuff they told us at school about how people slept in medieval times was true, or a load of crap like so much of it turns out to be.

Back in the day I'd've had to go to the library and see what (if anything) they had on the subject, or maybe even buy a book - or at least read the relevant bit of a book while standing in the bookshop. Now I just search and lo! there are a bunch of medieval historians with blogs, giving me the latest and greatest thinking on the subject

Comment

Working...
                      X