• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I need to see if I can get some sort of sun blind for the front of the house, it gets way too warm in our kitchen otherwise.
    I once heard about a trainee solicitor called into chief solicitor's office. He was made to stand in front of desk for 3 hours, ocassionally being made to shuffle left an inch. He was being used as a sun blind.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I once heard about a trainee solicitor called into chief solicitor's office. He was made to stand in front of desk for 3 hours, ocassionally being made to shuffle left an inch. He was being used as a sun blind.
      I'd need several to lie on top of the extension.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Well, the end of season 4 is full of joy and frivolity, isn't it
        What happened?

I won

Comment

Morning all.

Feck me, I'm knackered.

But at least I've stopped sweating now.

Ho hum.

Comment

Stayed up until four in the morning last night, watching Breaking Bad - four episodes in total.

Going to limit myself to a maximum of two tonight, and try to get my head down a bit earlier.
            That's the max I ever watch of a series at one time. Otherwise I get a strange urge to fast forward through the episode.

Well, the end of season 4 is full of joy and frivolity, isn't it
            It certainly ends with a bit of a bang and a whimper.

Comment

I'm currently enjoying "Fargo" where Bob "Call Saul" Odenkirk is playing a particularly dim Chief of Police in some one horse Minnesotan burgh.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                I'm currently enjoying "Fargo" where Bob "Call Saul" Odenkirk is playing a particularly dim Chief of Police in some one horse Minnesotan burgh.
                I thought that was funny, only watched the one episode yet.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Had my first call in ages about a potential gig, not looking bit at least I'm still on the radar.

That is until I listened to the message and checked the agency, it's one of those bob ones with an 0203 listed number. From the e-mail they clearly hadn't a clue either.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Had my first call in ages about a potential gig, not looking bit at least I'm still on the radar.

That is until I listened to the message and checked the agency, it's one of those bob ones with an 0203 listed number. From the e-mail they clearly hadn't a clue either.
                    Had a phone call last week from a CV dated 1999....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Had a phone call last week from a CV dated 1999....
                      I got more calls on the back of my 2003 CV than I've got for the 2013 update.

Aside from all the irrelevant mech eng permie jobs from R*ch*rd J*yce.

Today's irresistible offer was for a solidworks cad engineer in cardiff.

Needless to say, I know nothing about solidworks.

Comment

Working...
                      X