• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone boot me out of the door and point me in the direction of the swimming pool please.

Ta

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Someone boot me out of the door and point me in the direction of the swimming pool please.

Ta
      You should go if you want your times to come down
      Join IPSE

Comment

Morning

Comment

Morning
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all.

Here we is again, as through a glass damply.

Ho hum.

Comment

Morning

12 degrees, damp, Daimler perfect!

Free tomorrow.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                God, NatWest are a useless bunch of twonks

Had a fraud prevention call on Monday evening after placing an order for a forthcoming book with an American firm. Some robot listed various transactions, I confirmed they were legit, and the robot signed off saying my card would be unblocked within 15 minutes.

Just tried to use my card in Sainsbury's, and it was blocked

Tried calling again, and the fecking robot included the Sainsbury's transaction as a successful one in its list this time! And there's no option to speak to a human!
                Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Just got off the phone with the fraud prevention team, who discovered that my card hadn't been automatically unblocked on Monday, but had been by my second call to the robot this evening, just before I spoke to them

Quite amusing to hear the chap briskly assuring me that my card wasn't blocked, suggesting a problem at Sainsbury's end, starting to read out the date and time it was unblocked, suddenly trailing off in confusion as he realised it was ten minutes ago...

And then profuse apologies for any embarrassment caused, etc.
                This is the reason I normally use cash.

Plus the perfectly normal paranoia about the guvermint knowing what a GAL is buying of course.

This Cunning Ploy failed at the optician who wanted a card transaction, two of which failed on my visa card*, fortunately the mastercard one went through ok.

*And yes, I did enter the correct PIN. Unlike the incident at Staples when I entered the right numbers, just in the wrong order. Twice.

Comment

Deeply deeply gratified to find that the Monday edition of The South Wales Evening Post has mysteriously disappeared, presumably up the chimbly.

Naturally enough, there was sommat useful in it, unlike the 97 other copies lying about the place.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    This is the reason I normally use cash.

Plus the perfectly normal paranoia about the guvermint knowing what a GAL is buying of course.

This Cunning Ploy failed at the optician who wanted a card transaction, two of which failed on my visa card*, fortunately the mastercard one went through ok.

*And yes, I did enter the correct PIN. Unlike the incident at Staples when I entered the right numbers, just in the wrong order. Twice.

I tried to get cash out last night and the machine wouldn't let me for some strange reason.

Checked account and it has money, not overdrawn, so will have to ring the bank this morning to find out out what is going on.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Last night I was bug free only documentation to do. I'm now fixing the 85 other bugs belonging to the person who has replaced the email system at the last minute...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X