• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Lunch in clientco canteen; 'Chicken Korma' as it was described on the blackboard.

Actually quite edible. The only issue; it was made of pork. Again.

Bear in mind that this is a company with a VERY international workforce.
    I had lunch in clientco canteen, this is a very rare occurrence, as I was out last night and didn't get time to make my own lunch.

The mushroom soup wasn't bad.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      FTFY.

Saw a Marina a couple of months ago.

Dunno why anyone would want one, mind.
      From The Chairman

If you go anywhere in a Marina or Ital and listen to peoples' memories of their cars and the thousands of miles of reliable motoring you can't fail to be impressed.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        90 minutes left....

thank crunchie for that as panic management are doing a good private pike impression....
        Several hours left
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          The mushroom soup wasn't bad.
          I'm sure I used to like mushroom soup, but the last one I had had lots of chunks of mushroom in it that quite put me off.

Dunno why.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 8 May 2014, 11:46.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            is it too late for the mallet of understanding to have an impact...
            Much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I'm sure the success of the Morris Marina accounts for the popularity of the Morris 1000 & Morris Minor.

Comment

I'm sure the success of the Morris Marina accounts for the popularity of the Morris 1000 & Morris Minor.

From wikipedia;

The Marina was developed under the watchful eye of British Leyland management
                So what on earth were they watching?

Morris Minor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Apparently the Marina 1800 was so dangerous with the Morris 1000 lever arm dampers fitted that the press made BL fit proper shocks or else.

Comment

Apparently the Marina 1800 was so dangerous with the Morris 1000 lever arm dampers fitted that the press made BL fit proper shocks or else.
                    The Allegro was amazing though. Apparently the body was so bendy and flimsy the windscreen popped out if it was jacked up on one corner; the solution was to keep two jacks and jack up the whole side, alternating between each jack to keep the body straight.

The Tester family only ever had one BL car; PaterTester's company Rover SD1, which he had for three months, of which 2 were spent in the dealer's workshop, before his boss returned an entire fleet of more than fifty sales reps cars to BL saying they'd never use BL cars again. He got Renault as replacement, and MaterTester bought a Fiat 126.

Actually, despite some people's prejudice against Italian cars, the Tester family has owned many small Italian runabouts ranging from the Fiat 126 through a Lancia Y10 to the new Fiat 500, and all of them have been reliable and really very good. I just wish I'd kept my old Y10 because they're starting to be collectibles now.

I'm glad my Daimler's from the Ford era.

Comment

I got drenched cycling in today.

Comment

Working...
                      X