• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all

turns out that CovPuss1 has a food allergy, but luckily tests confirm she's free of parasites.

Only 80-odd quid to give her two shots and find that out (and more to come in two weeks) but the missus is feeling happier about it. Perhaps in a few weeks she'll (the cat!) put some weight back on and stop acting so miserable.

Hiding on a different site today so that people can't find me and dump stupid bits of work on my desk.

Comment

Off to lunch on my ownsome.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        Hi all

turns out that CovPuss1 has a food allergy, but luckily tests confirm she's free of parasites.

Only 80-odd quid to give her two shots and find that out (and more to come in two weeks) but the missus is feeling happier about it. Perhaps in a few weeks she'll (the cat!) put some weight back on and stop acting so miserable.

Hiding on a different site today so that people can't find me and dump stupid bits of work on my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Having lunch, rather than just carrying on because I'm engrossed and ending up taking it home with me

Comment

Comment

Goodness me.

In the usual afterthought, I glued some leds on the white line detector circuit so I could see wtf was going on.

Turned out that it couldn't tell the difference between black & white, which is a bit of a disadvantage in a white line follower, all in all.

In the 2007 design I used 100k resistors as loads for a phototransistor.

Turned out the current (different) phototransistor is a tad more sensitive.

50 times more sensitive, so the 100k resistors became 2.2k resistors.

Ho hum.

I wonder if the esteemed customers have found this out yet*.

*They'd never see the old version coz it's about 3 times the price of the new one.

Comment

I had a salad on my own. It was a miserable salad.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Aaaahhh big man hug needed?

No, I didn't think so.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    The very word "salad" is miserable.

Have a Lizardly <-No Tongues!

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

Working...
                      X