• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I may have overdosed on meat at the weekend, roast leg of lamb on Saturday, several racks of ribs on Sunday, not to mention the pastrami bagels ( with fresh horseradish grated into cream cheese) for breakfast and then lamb cutlets yesterday.
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I bet that tasted excellent!

We cooked 10 dishes of tapas for some of our families: meatballs in spicy tomato, garlic chilli prawns, monkfish in pancetta over Savoy cabbage, ham and cheese croquettes, pureed cauliflower on black pudding, patatas bravas, halloumi with olive tapanade and tzatziki, Melanzane alla Parmigiana, chickpeas and spinach, and something else which I cannot remember! Mango and coconut ice cream in filo baskets and crema catalan.

Was very nice but hard work. Am knackered today.

Makes my meager efforts look quite sad.

Beef Wellington burgers with twice cooked chips.

Tasted good though
    Last edited by DaveB; 22 April 2014, 10:33. Reason: Typo
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      I rather miss Robert The Books in Swansea.

Used to go there for years, er, decades.

Now all we have left is charity shoppes, of which only the Oxfam shoppe in Castle Street is much cop & expensive with it.
      There used to be a few good secondhand bookshops here too, but they're all gone now

Although one of the ones in Oakham was transplanted there from here, so at least it still exists. A couple of others still exist as online-only businesses, selling mainly through Abe Books.

And meanwhile their former shops stand empty, earning their usurious landlords no rent whatsoever, but presumably providing a nice tax break when written down as a loss

Comment

Some good pubs in Oakham too if I remember

Olive Inns
        Wonder where I can get somebody else to drive at short notice

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Makes my merger efforts look quite sad.

Tasted good though
          Mmmmm, Wellington burgers....

Now officially bored and tired. This day can't go quick enough.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Although one of the ones in Oakham was transplanted there from here, so at least it still exists.
            Ah, hang on, that's in Uppingham.

Oh well, it's all Rutland - the only question is whether one turns right or left off the A47

Comment

Makes my merger efforts look quite sad.

Tasted good though
              I have to point out I didn't make the bagels or the pastrami, just the cream cheese/horseradish mix.

We have an excellent bagel place in the city that does proper new york style bagels.

How on earth do you make beef wellington burgers?
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                Mmmmm, Wellington burgers....

Now officially bored and tired. This day can't go quick enough.
                I'm tired and bored too.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Ah, hang on, that's in Uppingham.

Oh well, it's all Rutland - the only question is whether one turns right or left off the A47
                  It's quite nice round Rutland, you also have an excellent restaurant at Hambleton hall as well.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I have to point out I didn't make the bagels or the pastrami, just the cream cheese/horseradish mix.

We have an excellent bagel place in the city that does proper new york style bagels.

How on earth do you make beef wellington burgers?
                    Good quality steak mince blitzed in a food mixer with a little onion and seasoning. The mixer blades tenderise the meat and spread the fat evenly through it which binds it so you don't need to add egg or bread crumbs to hold it together in burger form. Fry or griddle to taste.

Serve in a crusty bread roll ( toasted sourdough is ideal if you can get it) topped with a mushroom duxelle, rocket and horse radish sauce.
                    Last edited by DaveB; 22 April 2014, 10:48.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Good quality steak mince blitzed in a food mixer with a little onion and seasoning. The mixer blades tenderise the meat and spread the fat evenly through it which binds it so you don't need to add egg or bread crumbs to hold it together in burger form. Fry or griddle to taste.

Serve in a crusty bread roll ( toasted sourdough is ideal if you can get it) topped with a mushroom duxelle, rocket and horse radish sauce.
                      For some reason I had images of a burger in puff pastry which is then put in a roll. To be honest, this sounds a bit more like a normal burger, except for the duxelle.

Comment

Working...
                      X