• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out the local football company are doing business today. Shopping postponed until their customers have all cleared off again, otherwise there's every likelihood of getting stuck in traffic.

Comment

Fortunately Neath has no football company & the rugby football company is much reduced from its glory days.

The chant of "Neaf Neaf Neaf" is rarely heard.

And when it is heard the intensity is about 10dB down.

Anyway, there's 3 cars washed for the first time since December.

The black one looks like it needs washing again, since it seems to have some sort of oil all over it.

I think it's chainsaw oil & it stinks, though it might be hydraulic oil from the minidigger that was pulling a tree out of the canal the other day.

Comment

Upon further investigation, it appears the football thing started at 12:15, which suggests it should be over and everybody gone by now.

I'll give it another hour or so to be on the safe side

Comment

Very wise; you can't trust these supporters of football companies, they're not termed fanatics for nothing.

Comment

Well after the compulsory trip to Tesco, it was time for a short trip up the Dulais valley (again), but this time taking the road to Ystradgynlais.

Came back through Seven Sisters after finally finding a road in Ystradgynlais that I recognized*, then going up the Swansea valley to Abercrave.

*I worked in Ystradgynlais for 10 months but never went into the village. The place where I worked has changed out of all recognition, apart from the sign on the chimbly which was obviously too much trouble to take down.

Comment

Well, that's the shopping done.

The walking around leaning on a trolley seemed to help my iffy back a bit. Then bringing the shopping in and upstairs did a good job of re-iffulating it

Still, it's a bit better than it was yesterday, so with a bit of luck I'll be feeling right as rain again sometime around September. 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                Waiting for my wife to get out of the dentist and popped into the butchers. 6 venison, 6 wild boar & fruit and 6 hog & herb sausages for under a tenner.

By the Old White Hart in Hook for those local.

I took the last of the venison though, so tough if you wanted them.
                The butcher in Yateley is now doing zebra, wildebeest, crocodile and other "exotic" meats. They had some very nice looking sausages hanging up, so might revisit soon.

Comment

Spent all day round round after 5 kids. Finally I just had to go for a sleep. I was then woken up going to collect the parents-in-law. When can I go back to bed?

Comment

BBC News - Man, 21, falls to death near Snowdon summit

On the same day I climbed Snowdon. Tragic - I am most upset.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      BBC News - Man, 21, falls to death near Snowdon summit

On the same day I climbed Snowdon. Tragic - I am most upset.
                      So are we, we thought it was you. Then you stated posting again.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X