• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    One of ClientCo's directors just walked in with a shopping bag loaded with ice creams/lollies

Strawberry Cornetto for me. Hope HMRC weren't peeping through the window - I'm pretty sure free ice cream is either an IR35 pointer or a BIK
    It's merely advertising. I often use my chocolate supply from previous clientco (thorntons) as renewals appear on the horizon....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Bye

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Bye

Comment

Right, I'm out of here.

Got to decide whether to stop for potatoes on the way home. Isn't life complicated

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            are you sure about that. We went in March and there was boxing robots
            Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Just been for a drive with ZeitMater.

We went up the Dulais valley to Seven Sisters, Onllwyn etc. then through Glyn Neath to the top of the Rigos again.

She has no memory of the previous times we went up there.

Lovely afternoon, but a 1.3 3 speed automatic Corolla is not really suitable for the hills.

It's either screaming its balls off in 2nd or getting slower & slower in 3rd.

It's ok ish on the motorway though, since the engine comes on song (as much as it ever does) at about 70 in top.

Comment

It was ever so amusing to be passed by some lune in a Cavaltina who didn't like me obeying the speed limits.

Passed the guy behind me, me, and nearly totalled the chap coming the other way.

Most enlightening.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Another interesting morning.

Now I have to find someone* to witness ZeitMater's signature so I can get a 3rd party mandate going on her bank account.

The Abbey National account will probly be even more problematic.

Not to mention ZeitPater's Barclays accounts and his Halifax(spit) account.

Feck me, it's difficult keeping up with all this stuff.

And I still haven't sorted the overpayment of attendance allowance.

*Carer not allowed to do this, which is very sensible.
                  Had the same with GMIL. We went round all the various banks and closed all but one current account and one savings account and put everything with one bank to make it easier to manage. (Barclays as it happens).

If/When the house sale goes through the balance should be enough to put them in line for "Wealth Management" services which means you get a personal manager who will talk you through the best options for bonds/savings etc. which also makes life a lot easier. Branch manager now knows GMIL personally and this makes it *a lot* easier to get things done because the manager knows MrsB as well and the full situation regarding GMIL's dementia.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Just been for a drive with ZeitMater.

We went up the Dulais valley to Seven Sisters, Onllwyn etc. then through Glyn Neath to the top of the Rigos again.

She has no memory of the previous times we went up there.
                    Same with GMIL, right down to the cafe we stop at for a cup of tea. The only thing that stops us simply driving the same route every time we take her out is a mixture of guilt and impending boredom
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Came back on bicycle 1hr 5mins. Wind was draining me and very tired. Don't have the stamina I did last year when I was commuting every day.

Had a massive Chinese takeaway and now really stuffed. Just been making a lamb madras for tomorrow. Really knackered now. Will be back on the bike at 7am!

Niteall!
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X