• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Morning!

Bah! Horrid bike in - not quite raining heavy but enough to obscure the visor somewhat requiring wiping every 30 seconds.

And it's quiet in the office - nobody here. Is it a Bank Holiday?
    It's quiet in clientco as well. Most of the early starters aren't in and its like the Marie Celeste...

Linda (clientco's catering lady) has however delivered to Mr Mac his own bowl of apples. As she doesn't do the same for anyone else I don't think its an IR35 pointer....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Half asleep as NorPussII decided he had to throw up at 2am, he seems to suffer from hairballs a lot these days.

Mr N starts his new job today.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Never had the desire to want a motorbike, they are death traps, but dropping the van off I'm stood outside the Harley Davidson store and my god these things are a thing of beauty, true craftsmanship in it's engineering, and oh very pretty too!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I think in some places it's the kids Easter holidays...hence quiet in offices
            Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Never had the desire to want a motorbike, they are death traps, but dropping the van off I'm stood outside the Harley Davidson store and my god these things are a thing of beauty, true craftsmanship in it's engineering, and oh very pretty too!
              They look lovely, well some of them do, but the build quality was always a bit iffy. They saying used to be that there was nothing wrong with a Harley that throwing a pile of money at it wouldn't solve.

If I was going for that sort of bike I'd rather have one of these:

Triumph Rocket III Roadster (2009-current) Motorbike Review | MCN

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Very nice! Would love to cruise around the USA or South Africa on a Harley.

Have to admit riding a bike is not for the fainthearted. Traffic awareness is king - it really does bring home the late great George Carlin's famous quip: Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!

But getting around the South East's congestion is the only way. I hate driving my car here now - there's far too much traffic and few expensive parking spaces. At least on the bike the commute isn't that bad as you can always filter amongst the stationary traffic. And you can always find free parking on a bike.

I did hit a pothole doing 85mph today coming off the M3. That was fun.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Was really impressed by the doc's online appointment system. Logged on yesterday and was able to book appointment for 8:50 today. Excellent service. It even sent me a calendar update.

Unfortunately, after waiting twenty minutes at the surgery, I found out that the doctor wasn't there and they didn't know how I'd managed to book an appointment. Apparently I wasn't the first. So why the **** don't they tell the waiting throng there's been a cock up?

Comment

<---

Deciding whether a comment dated 5/3/2015 is valid when trying to fix a bug relating to dates.

Comment

Screwed up my PAYE return. I need to pay 97p in NI....

Comment

Working...
                      X