• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Just been doing my bit for GALGW.

Lovely bonfire.

Should warm the planet up by at least a degree.
    And it's managed to burn nearly all the rubbish I put on it.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Mr ms is poorly, which means I had FA sleep.

He has my sympathy

These terran viruses are the very

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Very probably.

It would be nice if there was some consistency in the sizing though.

These 31" legs appear to be rather longer than the previous 31" legs, whilst the 34" waist is rather tighter.
        I find there's wide variability between 31" and 33" - often have to take them back to exchange for the other size

Comment

Had a play with the sous-vide to make poached eggs, need to tweak the timing to get the white firmer and the yolk runnier.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Had a play with the sous-vide to make poached eggs, need to tweak the timing to get the white firmer and the yolk runnier.
            I cheat and use the cling film method for poached eggs. Works every time.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I tried using the cling film method for muff diving once.

Now that really is like eating a sweetie with the wrapper on.

Currently listening to Assault & Battery - Hawkwind, whilst enduring the Antiques Road show.

Comment

Got tomorrow's links ready to go. It'll almost certainly be hectic tomorrow, with a good chance I won't have a long enough lunch break to put them together then

There's also ClientCo's weekly meeting, which takes place immediately behind my desk at 1pm. None of it is particularly relevant to me, but I always feel it looks a bit off if I'm sat there with my back to the MD obviously doing something else. So I turn around enough that I appear to be paying attention, though I'm really watching the wind turbine go round

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Survived yesterdays meet and greet, about 40 off people turned up in the end, thankfully the children weren't dragged over.

Have loads of cake and biscuits left over.
                  Nice one! That's quite a lot of people to cook for!

We just did a mezze for about 9 people tonight - surprise guests. Did smoked prawns, smoked bacon, smoked halloumi and other stuff.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Windmills are quite hypnotic.

Just watched the Martin Amis thingie about England on BBC4.

It was ok.

Especially the odd bare breast or two.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X