• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out the thing that the esteemed customer wants designed is supposed to be used next week.

Do these people ever think ahead?

Thankfully google & the interweb thingie provided a pic16 chronograph design.

Which I CadStared yesterday afternoon & this morning, made the pcb, built the fecker this afternoon, blew the supplied code into the pic & tested it.

And it appears to work.

Good show.
    Now to make the software do the crazy thing the esteemed customer requires.

If that's possible.

Considering how different his apparatus is from his description thereof, tomorrow may be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      ARSE

Arse. Arse. Arse. Arse. Arse. Arse. Arse. Arse. Arse. Arse. Arse. Arse.

Arse.

New contract is so far inside IR35 you'd need a cave rescue team just to find you before you could try and defend yourself from HMRC.

And before anyone says it, it's public sector, central govt and there is no way in hell they are going to negotiate changes.

Right, where's my CV gone?
      Oh dear. I cancelled an interview with a government client last week because the agent said they were looking for someone who would fit well into the team, a permie who was a contractor were his exact words. I couldn't be bothered explaining why that was the last thing I wanted so I told him I'd accepted another gig. Yet another clueless agent.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Friday! I may not even have to work this weekend, if ClientCo's bug tracker is any indication!

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

I think the last weekend I worked was in 1997.

Comment

Morning

11 degrees, raining, Daimler perfect.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  I think the last weekend I worked was in 1997.
                  That's good going; I last worked a weekend in 2007 and then cheerfully invoiced at 250% of my normal rate. I don't like working weekends though as I'm already away from home all week and really, money isn't everything.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Morning!

Took a new route on the Ninja - motorway! Journey time down from 45 to 25 mins. Noisy, better fuel economy and no school run mums. Nowhere near as much fun though so I may swap it over every now and then. Not sure what it would be like in gridlock but plenty of filtering opportunity. Will see what the route back is like. And weather, can't be nice in pouring rain.

Speaking of which, lovely day but will start the continuous rain from 13:00 onwards... Wet weekend.

Also a quick question: what can one do on a weekend for a day - something nice that 4 people can do? I'm open for any ideas.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

…and ClientCo.

First developer in again

Comment

Working...
                      X