• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Morning!

Too icy for the Ninja so had to rub shoulders with the oiks on SWT. Got a first class ticket but still hasn't helped my mood...
    So you're saying you got a first class ticket, but you're as blue as a boy can be?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

How did your deep fried hamsters go? Did anyone buy them in the end?

Comment

Bike's out the garage - both tyres still full of air! A good start.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          So you're saying you got a first class ticket, but you're as blue as a boy can be?
          Ah, but do I really feel the way I feel?
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            How did your deep fried hamsters go? Did anyone buy them in the end?
            One had to be sacrificed as a taster as people were curious about them. Not sure all of them sold but they attracted a lot of attention. Still, to be expected.

The bread was very nice.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Bike's out the garage - both tyres still full of air! A good start.
              Came out this morning and realised one of the car's tyres was looking dangerously low on air. Then I remembered that my pump was in the boot of the Super Monkey Car, which is still at the vet's being nursed back to MoT-able condition

So I had to make a detour via the vet's to get the pump, driving there on what proved to be a tyre inflated to 15psi

And that meant I had to drive through the heavy traffic going towards the city centre, rather than the quick dash out of town I usually do.

Which all meant that, having got up half an hour earlier than usual to get a flying start at ClientCo, I ended up arriving ten minutes later than normal

Comment

surely 50p for the air pump at the local garage would have been quicker
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

We know about the Orion.

What's the other one then?

Just asking, like.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    surely 50p for the air pump at the local garage would have been quicker
                    That would have involved travelling the same route, plus it's on the main road, just before a busy junction, and if the person leaving in front of you wants to turn right (away from the junction), or get into the outer lane to take a right at the junction, you can wait several minutes to get out. Better to stay in the traffic flow.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      We know about the Orion.

What's the other one then?

Just asking, like.
                      Y-reg Corolla. It belonged to my parents' neighbour, who died in hospital aged about 80. His only relations were some distant cousins who inherited the lot, and just wanted to get rid of everything and flog his bungalow.

This was just when Super Monkey Car's nearside trailing arm broke while I was in Cambridge on a contract during the week. They sold the car to me for a bargain £1K to save themselves the hassle of disposing of it

Comment

Working...
                      X