• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

All the corner cases that were completely ignored in the pretty pictures of a website provided by the "interaction designer" are coming to light

I hate it when they give glorified art students fancy job titles, and they think they know how to do things because of it

This is all courtesy of some "digital agency" in London that's got big fancy offices near Regents Park and is presumably charging a fortune to the end client. Meanwhile, my ClientCo (and me) gets to clean up their mess and make something that actually functions
    They should be charging back your time for the stuff thats had to be fixed
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Off to see the occupational therapist at ZeitMater's house.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        That's so mean. Whenever I used to have a day off my wife used to leave me a list of things to do. That's (one of) the reason(s) I divorced her!
        He's one of those people who needs a list, otherwise stuff doesn't get done.

Whether he does stuff or not is up to him.

If he was on a day off I wouldn't give him a list, he normally asks me for one.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

This is why Tiddles isn't allowed in the bedroom.
          Well, we could shut the door and then would have to put up with both NorPusses mewling outside all night.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

All the corner cases that were completely ignored in the pretty pictures of a website provided by the "interaction designer" are coming to light
            Sounds like fun. In this morning's timewasting session our resident Panic Manager was complaining that we have no test cases for a particular functionality and that the end client is visiting in two weeks time and will want to see it. My position; I didn't know that functionality existed because I can't find it in the documents and when I asked about it I was told it didn't exist. I check with lead engineer who says the same. Then lead engineer and I check with the system architect who says 'the client hasn't bought this functionality and I was told by Panic Manager to remove it from the design; look, here's the e-mail where he told me it isn't in the system.'

Oh the joy. 2 hours invoiced for the sake of trying to shut some useless panicky managerman up.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

This is why Tiddles isn't allowed in the bedroom.
              So true!

Why are cat's tongues so raspy? Quite evil having that dredged across your hungovered and tired face in the morning.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                He's one of those people who needs a list, otherwise stuff doesn't get done.

Whether he does stuff or not is up to him.

If he was on a day off I wouldn't give him a list, he normally asks me for one.
                I made a list yesterday and got everything on it ticked off. It was quite satisfying.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Sounds like fun. In this morning's timewasting session our resident Panic Manager was complaining that we have no test cases for a particular functionality and that the end client is visiting in two weeks time and will want to see it. My position; I didn't know that functionality existed because I can't find it in the documents and when I asked about it I was told it didn't exist. I check with lead engineer who says the same. Then lead engineer and I check with the system architect who says 'the client hasn't bought this functionality and I was told by Panic Manager to remove it from the design; look, here's the e-mail where he told me it isn't in the system.'

Oh the joy. 2 hours invoiced for the sake of trying to shut some useless panicky managerman up.
                  Yesterday I was asked about a particular page. I explained that I hadn't done it, and in fact had completely forgotten about it, because there's nowhere on the site that links to it. It turned out the agency in London had been asked how it fitted in to the site, but had never replied, so everybody else had forgotten about it as well until now, when we're nearly done and somebody realised that it was definitely supposed to be in there, but nobody knows where

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    I made a list yesterday and got everything on it ticked off. It was quite satisfying.
                    I made a list yesterday, ticked off the bits I could do something about, and gave the remainder to the project manager to worry about. That was inordinately satisfying

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                      So true!

Why are cat's tongues so raspy? Quite evil having that dredged across your hungovered and tired face in the morning.
                      Thankfully the NorPusses have realised I'm not a morning person and bother Mr N first thing instead.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X