• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I don't tend to use her recipes as they are widely known for not being tested properly or tested at all for that matter.

Will probably peruse the multitude of cookbooks I have and see if there might be a good one somewhere, I do think I have a cupcake cookbook somewhere.
    WNS +1

All style and no substance. Saw a review of one of her recipes that started: "Nigella Lawson, never one to leave a Lily un-gilded..."
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Need a chocolate muffin recipe.

Need to test drive the new muffin tin.
      Have tried a Paull Hollywood one - not bad

Chocolate muffins: Recipes: Good Food Channel

This is my personal favorite - but a cupcake rather an a muffin. I use dark chocolate.

Chocolate Cupcake Recipe – The Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake Test Baked by 50 Bakers and Counting | Cupcake Project

Damn - got a cupcake craving now
      If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

I'll be quite happy if I never have to implement an address form ever again

Comment

I tend to use the net for recipe starters. I only do the muffins base from her recipe as they were in top search. Made a few adjustments and they are fine as muffins are pretty simple to make. Like GF#1, unless it's extremely complicated, I tend to move away from following recipes closely as you build up a feel for what you want to achieve by constant tasting, looking at textures etc as you're making it. Sometimes you can improve on it, othertimes not.

Of the "celebrity" chefs, who do you think has consistently good recipes? I like Angela Hartnett.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            I tend to use the net for recipe starters. I only do the muffins base from her recipe as they were in top search. Made a few adjustments and they are fine as muffins are pretty simple to make. Like GF#1, unless it's extremely complicated, I tend to move away from following recipes closely as you build up a feel for what you want to achieve by constant tasting, looking at textures etc as you're making it. Sometimes you can improve on it, othertimes not.

Of the "celebrity" chefs, who do you think has consistently good recipes? I like Angela Hartnett.
            Nigel Slater, the majority of his recipes are really good.

Don't tend to go in for celeb chefs.

Another couple to try are Simon Hopkinson or Mark Hix.

I bought books by Tom Kerridge and Marcus Wareing recently which are pretty good.

I've finally managed to unpack all my cookbooks and now have the space to put them up properly
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Will hopefully tackle the last of the unpacking this weekend.

I did however manage to find my medium black book So can now put my vino order in
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nigel Slater, the majority of his recipes are really good.

Don't tend to go in for celeb chefs.

Another couple to try are Simon Hopkinson or Mark Hix.

I bought books by Tom Kerridge and Marcus Wareing recently which are pretty good.

I've finally managed to unpack all my cookbooks and now have the space to put them up properly
                That's an impressive cookbook display!

I'll have a look at Slater's recipes. He tends to come across as a miserable bastard though on TV so have tended to avoid him in the past.

Cooking for GF#1's friends this weekend - smorgasboard of Greek and Thai small dishes: hairy prawns, weeping tiger, some lamb dish and of course huevos rancheros for brunch! Woohooo!

Next week I might go and have another look at Vineet Bhatia's book we've both got and do something complex and fancy!
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I'll have a look at Slater's recipes. He tends to come across as a miserable bastard though on TV so have tended to avoid him in the past.

Cooking for GF#1's friends this weekend - smorgasboard of Greek and Thai small dishes: hairy prawns, weeping tiger, some lamb dish and of course huevos rancheros for brunch! Woohooo!

Next week I might go and have another look at Vineet Bhatia's book we've both got and do something complex and fancy!
                  I'll got some more to shelve yet

I haven't done complex and fancy in yonks.

Still getting to grips with the new kitchen and need to get a kitchen table to have some more work space. Haven't seen a kitchen table I like yet

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Why is it just before you're due to start a contract, I get loads of pimps e-mailing me about potential gigs

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nigel Slater can be annoying as the ingredients are often in the recipe text rather than at the top.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X