• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Ever had a contractor shoot himself in the foot so badly that after being offered a gig the Client pull the offer
    It's just cruel to run a trailer like this then not share the full episode !
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
      we can't. It's a belter though and will be kept for whenever things are going wrong and we feel down...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Dont use the paddle on him! He loves it! Especaially when its eek wielding it.....

Comment

Mega tired. Supposed to be doing stuff for Client B this evening, but their system's locked me out. Again.

Very early night beckons instead.

Zzzzzzzz

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Mega tired. Supposed to be doing stuff for Client B this evening, but their system's locked me out. Again.

Very early night beckons instead.

Zzzzzzzz

Get some rest!
            one day at a time

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

gales have taken wheelie bin over again. Torn between getting soaked wet through before bed or leaving it and having to get out of bed later due to rubbish rattling across the patio.

Could be worse I know, could be flooded, but everything's relative to you own (dis)comfort zone

Think I'll have a quick hot toddy then decide.... Maybe in the interim one of the neighbours will take pity on damsel in distress and do it for me
                If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

gales have taken wheelie bin over again. Torn between getting soaked wet through before bed or leaving it and having to get out of bed later due to rubbish rattling across the patio.

Could be worse I know, could be flooded, but everything's relative to you own (dis)comfort zone

Think I'll have a quick hot toddy then decide.... Maybe in the interim one of the neighbours will take pity on damsel in distress and do it for me
                  Bite the bullet and recover the bin I'd say; then you can rest in peace (maybe)!

one day at a time

Comment

Put a whole load of paving stones in the bins to stop them moving in the gales.

I did this once, worked great.

Until the early morning when the binmen stuck the bins on the lifting gear on the lorries - when they dumped the contents into the belly of the beast it made a sound like a B52 air strike. The startled neighbours still talk about it to this day...
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                      Bite the bullet and recover the bin I'd say; then you can rest in peace (maybe)!

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                      Put a whole load of paving stones in the bins to stop them moving in the gales.

I did this once, worked great....
                      Both suggestions taken up - towel dry then off to bed ! Night all

Comment

Working...
                      X