• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Oh ClientCo, dare I ask how you are going to **** up my day even more than usual!

Day one of renewal and no access to the building, or either of the two coporate domains
    Don't set them a challenge like that. They will find a way (you know this place)....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Its monday the PMs are now in really totally mad panic mode and the new plan has a fundamental flaw in it.

Should I explain it to the PMs are wait for it to leap out at them. There is more money in not telling them but I really want the ability to add I told you so when they ignore the warning.....
      You could always do it indirectly. As in "you might want to think about <blah>" rather than "The plan is wrong and this is why".
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Oh ClientCo, dare I ask how you are going to **** up my day even more than usual!

Day one of renewal and no access to the building, or either of the two coporate domains
        Drink coffee, surf the net, keep invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Drink coffee, surf the net, keep invoicing.
          Rather difficult when you can't get on the network.

Comment

You could always do it indirectly. As in "you might want to think about <blah>" rather than "The plan is wrong and this is why".
            That will be my approach as I know I'm usually as subtle as a sledgehammer but I'm not 100% stupid. It won't make any difference however as senior management don't understand the technology. If they did this project wouldn't be in quite this mess (actually that's not true, if they knew that it was useful to have a design before starting development this project would still be a mess but not quite as big a mess)...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Rather difficult when you can't get on the network.
              Didn't say he had to use client co kit, thats what mobile devices are for

Comment

Omm
                Join IPSE

Comment

We are both well ahead of you on that score....

Comment

I am fortunate to be one of the few people in the office with an external internet connection on my desk that does not touch the corporate proxy server etc which MyCo's laptop is connected to
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Morning
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X