• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    No. You have to sit at your desk all day typing drivel into tpd2 while looking happy and getting paid.

HTH
    Well actually, ended up going home as stomach is not happy, so am sitting at home and getting paid instead.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Well actually, ended up going home as stomach is not happy, so am sitting at home and getting paid instead.
      That is a permie attitude.

See mr macs post from earlier today as to the contractor attitude
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Going into work with the drip still attached isn't big & it isn't clever.

Comment

I'm so knackered that I'm having to sit down & rest after packing two or three boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            That is a permie attitude.

See mr macs post from earlier today as to the contractor attitude
            I know, if I was still contracting, I would still be in the office
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

eldest is having some issues with her A levels and is wondering if she has chosen the right subjects.
              The main issue she is having is with Maths and the Mechanics module. She was hoping the first module would be Statistics.

She is considering changing it in favour of Biology. We have a meeting at the six form center on Thursday so we can discuss it

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                The main issue she is having is with Maths and the Mechanics module. She was hoping the first module would be Statistics.
                Applied Maths.

Lovely stuff.

Inclined planes.

Simple Harmonic Motion.

The horror! Oh the horror!

It's all coming back to me now.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Damn right, you have sick days so make the most of them, I would stay at home tomorrow just in case
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    eldest is having some issues with her A levels and is wondering if she has chosen the right subjects.

She is considering changing it in favour of Biology. We have a meeting at the six form center on Thursday so we can discuss it
                    I hated mechanics - one branch of maths that I could never get my head round. My teacher suggested that my choice of taking pure maths level 2 rather than mechanics level 1 would impact my chances of a reasonable grade at AS level.

It didn't.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Doing Pure Maths, Applied Maths & Physics, I got a dual dose of mechanics.

It was ever so uninteresting.

Though I can't believe that Stats would be much better.

I still recall with horror finding that A level Physics was done in Imperial, CGS and MKS units.

Whereas the O level had all been in SI.

And in Luffbra, the Mechanical Systems Dynamics module used even more esoteric Imperial units.

Such as the slug.

Comment

Working...
                      X