• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byeeeee

Off now to fill in holes in back lane & do some gardening.

Ho hum.

Om.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      We're going to go round tonight and see if they have left any information for us. We have no idea what they've left inside, either, but to have packed up and moved within two weeks of the auction is pretty speedy!

Unfortunately, the car that they have left in the driveway has already been given to someone else, or we'd have had a car as well as a church.
      Pali

Om

Comment

Also I doubt you can get insurance for a half finished building project that is one reason why many sales fall apart
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Also I doubt you can get insurance for a half finished building project that is one reason why many sales fall apart
          Already insured. Did that as soon as we completed the auction.

When the builders come back in, then I need to let the insurance company know, and they will quote accordingly.

I've even got contents insurance sorted, even though we won't have anything there for a bit.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Already insured. Did that as soon as we completed the auction.

When the builders come back in, then I need to let the insurance company know, and they will quote accordingly.

I've even got contents insurance sorted, even though we won't have anything there for a bit.
            What I meant is that you won't get the insurance/indemity cover that the building work currently done is fit to pass building regs.

Most mortgage companies won't touch a moving house mortgage when building work is in progress because of the unknowns. That's why your solictor is being twitchy she knows the size of the problem. The solution is as I said earlier speak to building control explain the situation and see what they suggest. They may be happy to send you a letter to solve everything but until you ask no one knows.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              What I meant is that you won't get the insurance/indemity cover that the building work currently done is fit to pass building regs.

Most mortgage companies won't touch a moving house mortgage when building work is in progress because of the unknowns. That's why your solictor is being twitchy she knows the size of the problem. The solution is as I said earlier speak to building control explain the situation and see what they suggest. They may be happy to send you a letter to solve everything but until you ask no one knows.
              Ah - with you now.

You never know what they will and won't insure - there might be something that can cover the past work, but I'll see. We're going over tonight to measure up and see what's been left - hopefully there will be some contact details there as well!!

The vendor said that they'd like to keep in touch to see how things progress, and also if we wanted him to, he'd be interested in making the rest of the leaded windows (for a price), so there should be something to keep in touch!
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Faq, Your local council building control folks should have a website that allows you to search all regs applications including in progress ones.

IIRC, if there is no application in progress and the work is completed you have to apply for a regularisation, which costs a bit more.

Comment

invoiced agent late last Wednesday afternoon for July.

Just discovered that their paid me on Thursday but as no one emailed me to say I didn't know.

Comment

Didn't kill anyone today, maybe tomorrow
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Didn't kill anyone today, maybe tomorrow
                      woman on the edge....

Have a drink and think about this, it hasn't killed you or made you pregnant so why worry?
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X