• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gah - spoke too soon.

Back in a while

Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Blagging and winging it are the dark arts of a contractor - use the force.
      I learnt this one the hard way yesterday when I got back from an extended pub lunch to a meeting that had been brought forward to 2 from 3 and I was 15 minutes late for and stinking of beer.

Only answer - go straight on the offensive with overkeeness and bring up lots of extra points related to the project which make the manager person say thnigs like "Oh yes thanks for bringing that up - we need to schedule another meeting about that" and everyone else in the meeting look at you as if to say "please stop!"

Works like a charm
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        I learnt this one the hard way yesterday when I got back from an extended pub lunch to a meeting that had been brought forward to 2 from 3 and I was 15 minutes late for and stinking of beer.

Only answer - go straight on the offensive with overkeeness and bring up lots of extra points related to the project which make the manager person say thnigs like "Oh yes thanks for bringing that up - we need to schedule another meeting about that" and everyone else in the meeting look at you as if to say "please stop!"

Works like a charm
        You mean you had nothing better to do than keep all those poor sods in meetings and waiting round .....
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

Works like a charm
          Class!

Comment

Bit slow in here

Comment

In the attempt to avoid doing too much while still not feeling guilty for skiving, I have decided to perform a CVS update.

It took a good quarter of an hour yesterday, which is plenty of time to make myself some coffee and ponder the eternal question: how many sausages and how many rashers of bacon shall I put in my lunchtime roll?

Actually, I may even make real coffee
              Last edited by NickFitz; 22 November 2007, 11:45. Reason: incompetent typist

Comment

More than 30sec went past without a post.

Comment

Oh. Good idea - think I'll check the mac for security updates.

Comment

Ah, good.

Eclipse has gone off into one of its "Rebuilding workspace" things. They always take ages

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                      Oh. Good idea - think I'll check the mac for security updates.
                      Be warned that the latest 10.4 security update will also upgrade Safari to version 3, so if having version 2 is important to you, don't install it.

I'm currently working on fixing a version 2 bug, so I've had to deny myself the joys of better security

Comment

Working...
                      X