• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    You know, actually sex or a pot noodle could help male sufferers in getting to sleep as the male orgasm releases hormones that make you sleepy. Trouble is, personally I don't really feel very horny with a migraine.
    Funny that.

The post orgasm headache thing is a bit joyless too.

Bit like being clobbered with a baseball bat.

Maybe them tantrics are onto sommat.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Funny stuff grapefruit.

If you eat it when you're taking the wrong sort of pills, it kills you.
      As I watched a colleague of mine tuck into his grapefruit at breakfast last week, I asked whether he was on statins (which I thought he'd mentioned in the past).

Yep - but he hadn't read the medication leaflet and the doctor hadn't told him to avoid grapefruit
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        As I watched a colleague of mine tuck into his grapefruit at breakfast last week, I asked whether he was on statins (which I thought he'd mentioned in the past).

Yep - but he hadn't read the medication leaflet and the doctor hadn't told him to avoid grapefruit
        So what's in a grapefruit that isn't in other citrus fruits?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          So what's in a grapefruit that isn't in other citrus fruits?
          Bergamottin.

You should also avoid bergamot essential oil and eating the rind of the bergamot orange, and (theoretically) bitter oranges.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Bergamottin.

You should also avoid bergamot essential oil and eating the rind of the bergamot orange, and (theoretically) bitter oranges.
            Good to know, thanks.

Comment

Bergamottin.

And wot's in Earl Grey tea?

Earl Grey tea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

A rather effective antihistamine was taken off the market coz of the grapefruit thing.

Terfenadine for hay fever and other allergies. Is it unsafe?

Comment

A rather effective antihistamine was taken off the market coz of the grapefruit thing.

Terfenadine for hay fever and other allergies. Is it unsafe?
                  Happily I don't have any allergies AFAIK. Happily, because with migraines, a permanently dodgy tummy (after visiting India), a knackered shoulder, nerve damage in my fingers and some piano key ribs, I can do without having even more things wrong with me.

Comment

Nastiness.

I think it's probably not on the "banned with statins" list because of the concentration involved?
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Rearrange this cryptic message:

--<--
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X