• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Didn't sleep last night; had a migraine. Now I'm just knackered. Might go home before lunch.
    I used to suffer very badly - at least three a week at one stage.

Doctor put me on betablockers to break the cycle, which worked. Touch wood.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      I used to suffer very badly - at least three a week at one stage.

Doctor put me on betablockers to break the cycle, which worked. Touch wood.
      hard luck there mate.

I only get it two or three times a year. Touch wood. I'll remember the beta-blockers thing in case I start getting more attacks, seeing as many doctors don't seem to have much clue about migraine.
      Last edited by Mich the Tester; 11 July 2013, 08:40.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

My son had them for years from the age of about five. At least one a week - he'd be completely debilitated by them for three or four hours, then he'd throw up and be fine. Eventually we put him on a restricted diet and pinned it down to an allergy to oranges. Mentioned this to the doc who said "Oh yes, that's a common trigger". Why the **** didn't you tell us then?!?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          My son had them for years from the age of about five. At least one a week - he'd be completely debilitated by them for three or four hours, then he'd throw up and be fine. Eventually we put him on a restricted diet and pinned it down to an allergy to oranges. Mentioned this to the doc who said "Oh yes, that's a common trigger". Why the **** didn't you tell us then?!?
          Well, the doc I used to play rugby with told me there are lots of triggers for all sorts of conditions and GP's are by definition generalists, so they probably don't have a deep knowledge of one condition unless they have it themselves or their immediate family have it. He says it's probably only migraine sufferers who've trawled the whole internet to find out what works and what triggers it and so on because they're the ones who are desperate enough to find the information. Perhaps try and find a doc who has migraines (difficult to find out) or who has studied the whole thing.

Comment

Migraines cause stroke.

That's what my neurologist diagnosed had caused mine - hence the betablockers. Too late, but better late than never.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Migraines cause stroke.
              I'd heard from Lady Tester that it can lead to strokes in women, but is that the case for men too?

Comment

Migraines cause stroke.

That's what my neurologist diagnosed had caused mine - hence the betablockers. Too late, but better late than never.
                I agree, when ever the missus has a headache I have to have a stroke

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I'd heard from Lady Tester that it can lead to strokes in women, but is that the case for men too?
                  Absolutely.

6 weeks off work, lost the contract, and a LARGE increase in travel insurance premiums.

And four different kinds of tablet a day - no more grapefruit, either.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I agree, when ever the missus has a headache I have to have a stroke

You know, actually sex or a pot noodle could help male sufferers in getting to sleep as the male orgasm releases hormones that make you sleepy. Trouble is, personally I don't really feel very horny with a migraine.

Comment

no more grapefruit, either.
                      Funny stuff grapefruit.

If you eat it when you're taking the wrong sort of pills, it kills you.

Comment

Working...
                      X