• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Home again in sunny (Sleety) Wales
    Confusion is a natural state of being

    Comment


      Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      So what's on the easter menu this weekend?
      Hi norrahe, was going to cook a Thai banquet for my family but I have a beer friend coming over this weekend so probably don't want to be hung over when handling raw fish and being stuck in a hot oven.

      May change my mind - depends how the next 5 days go!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

      Comment


        Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Garlic naan FTW
        Oooooh yes!
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

        Comment


          Going "table for two" in an hour with a lovely lady who ran her own restaurant for twenty years - fab Chinese restaurant in the Kingston upon Thames area!! Looking forward to it!! Wooohooo!
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

          Comment


            Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            Hi norrahe, was going to cook a Thai banquet for my family but I have a beer friend coming over this weekend so probably don't want to be hung over when handling raw fish and being stuck in a hot oven.

            May change my mind - depends how the next 5 days go!
            I also need to scan those recipes for you and send them to you.

            Thai banquets are easy. You can prep all the sauces/pastes in advance and the tom yom goong can be done the day before, all you need to do on the day is pop the prawns in 5 mins before serving.

            Start with the soup, next recipe is a baked fish with lime and coriander or you can have that as your main or make a red curry paste and you can do duck curry. For dessert just thinly slice some pineapple and serve with a lime zest and chilli caramel (sugar, water and lime zest and finely chopped chilli).

            Done
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

            Norrahe's blog

            Comment


              Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              Going "table for two" in an hour with a lovely lady who ran her own restaurant for twenty years - fab Chinese restaurant in the Kingston upon Thames area!! Looking forward to it!! Wooohooo!
              Which one, used to live around there.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

              Norrahe's blog

              Comment


                Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                On the outside or inside? And are they close relatives to armadilos?
                No they are related to dime bars.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

                Norrahe's blog

                Comment


                  Evening all

                  I went to West London to pick up the bike I bought off ebay. Oddly I went past the pizza express in Victoria I went to with Diver last night!

                  Now watching the apprentice.

                  Comment


                    Night all

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      I also need to scan those recipes for you and send them to you.

                      Thai banquets are easy. You can prep all the sauces/pastes in advance and the tom yom goong can be done the day before, all you need to do on the day is pop the prawns in 5 mins before serving.

                      Start with the soup, next recipe is a baked fish with lime and coriander or you can have that as your main or make a red curry paste and you can do duck curry. For dessert just thinly slice some pineapple and serve with a lime zest and chilli caramel (sugar, water and lime zest and finely chopped chilli).

                      Done
                      You star - many thanks for this norrahe, you have inspired me. I believe beer and banquets can be done now thanks to your tips!

                      Let me know when you send them - no rush - just to make sure they don't end up in some spam filter or whatever.
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X