• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning All
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      It's aaaaaalllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

b*gger!

Mr N has stuck me cafetiere in the dishwasher, so now I have to wait for it to finish to make a coffee

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Morning All
          ooops! it's afternoon here

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            Morning

Not so tired today. Knee deep into deployment but looking forward to my 5 days off starting this evening! Wooohooo!
            So what's on the easter menu this weekend?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Same Here
              Or are you playing "bob the builder" this weekend again?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Or are you playing "bob the builder" this weekend again?
                Taking my touring caravan over to Burnham on Sea for 5 days of relaxation
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Might have been the Muppets intro.

Esteemed customers sort of bring that to mind for some odd reason.

Not to worry, I hear the expression used a lot. I'm immune to it.

Morning all.

Comment

It's aaaaaalllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ah, thereby hangs a tale......

- ClientCo didn't renew the contract, even though they had six weeks of work on an approved PO that they hadn't spent.

- It took two weeks for the agency to persuade the PM that he hadn't spent the money that had already been approved, so he didn't need to get further approval.

- So, I had two weeks off, looking for work - and I generally try to avoid CUK when I'm not working

- Been busy (ish) since last week, trying to work out what had changed in my absence - answer "nothing"

- Been spending an increasing amount of time at the doctors / nurse because my blood pressure is through the roof

- Consequently, started a course of tablets this week which I will be on for the rest of my life. Woo.

- It's snowing now - and we are going off in the campervan for Easter on Friday morning. Have booked two nights in hotels, but everywhere is fully booked (at my rates!) for Easter now, so need to have some time in the van.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Apparently I'll be getting a call from the people I had meetings with last week to discuss what's next in the pipeline gig wise.

First guy I spoke with last week wanted me only for a couple of days to help with a pitch and if they got the pitch then the gig was mine.

Second person I had conf call with and they were demoing their software to me thought it would be better if I came on board for longer to help them out.

Am hoping person 2 spoke to person 1.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X