• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning All
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all.

Left home on clear dry roads, got to the office and there's 3 inches of snow and it's still coming down.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

its still coming down in Leicester. Wifey has her Christmas do tonight and people are wanting to cancel and reschedule for January.
        Seems like a sensible idea.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          its still coming down in Leicester. Wifey has her Christmas do tonight and people are wanting to cancel and reschedule for January.
          Seems like a sensible idea.
          You're not too far from me then. It's just stopped here ( couple of miles from M1 J22 ). MrsB has just called to say it;s snowing heavily at home now as well. Glad I've still got the PPE and shovel in the boot!
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            You're not too far from me then. It's just stopped here ( couple of miles from M1 J22 ). MrsB has just called to say it;s snowing heavily at home now as well. Glad I've still got the PPE and shovel in the boot!
            Wife is close to where you work and the roads were awful going in this morning. Home is only about 6 miles from her work but took nearly an hour to get in.

Our office is just off the A50/J21 and its still coming down. I've brought my hat and scarf today plus a bottle of water just in case

Comment

whoops - I was just "tidying" up a DB and have delete all recent records from a table. Luckily I made a backup before I started the housekeeping

Comment

The holiday club have called to say they are shutting early due to the extreme weather - wifey is going to have to collect DD2.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Northampton had quite a bit of snow too, apparently the A45 was gridlocked this morning. When we went in around midday it was fine, though a lot of roads hadn't been gritted. Round my way there was a half inch that started melting immediately.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Got a call from a friend, they travelled from Hong Kong and were going onto France for xmas, BA at HK told them there were no problems with the flights

7 hours of queuing to get a following rescheduled flight which isn't till the 26th

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I wonder what the journey home will be like ? I've just had a ginger nut to prepare myself for the trip

Comment

Working...
                      X