• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went retro in the end, seafood cocktail, duck a l'orange and baked alaska, mmmmmmmmmm

accompanied by some nice wines such as black tower, blue nun and some hock
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

NorPussII is still not a happy bunny, hopefully the antibiotics will help.

Poor fella.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        For example - I've just taken a look at Norrahe & RC's profiles and the persistent, flaming -repping is by the same 3 IDs, and known (since banned) sockies thereof. A chat with admin about the origin of the tag misuse, and a bit more digging (particularly where -repping comments are properly out of order)... and you may find it's just a handful of people who need dealing with.
        Seriously. What a bunch of whingers you are about the rep system!

Negative repping is worth half of a positive rep. So by the laws of averages you will continue to go up anyway. If a repper feels that a post is good or bad based on their reasons then you should go with it. You might not like the rep. If it's a blatant insult(and I mean one which breaks the rules of the board, then report it), but for example the -ve rep I gave Mary Poppins the other day for a post I didn't like(which I commented and she subseqently jumped up and down about) resulted in me receiving about 7 or 8 negative reps in a short / shrift burst from the rest of you.

I have at some points +ve repped you all, and negged you all.

Keep the thing secret IMO, but if RH wants to go around blabbing to all insundry knock yourself out.

Plus sockies are worth zero points. They are grey. So if you are getting docked points, it's because proper posters are repping you, not sockies!
        Last edited by MarillionFan; 12 December 2010, 23:32. Reason: Clarification
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

if the rep; positive or negative is used constructively then fine.
          Could not care less in that instance.
          Could not care less about this rep business but people are taking the mick.

if you want to slag people off, man up and do it publicly.

It is bad enough that every one is at

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Busted. Bugger!!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              All that jazz...
              Struck a nerve, have I?

I've PMed you. Let that be an end to it.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                Struck a nerve, have I?

I've PMed you. Let that be an end to it.
                Not at all.

As I have pointed out in PM. None of the sockies that have appeared and were banned were anything to do with me in any shape or form whatsoever.

And anyone getting constant -reps is not me or sockie derivations of. I have neither the time or inclination to create another marmite meme poster.

PM returned. End of.

More tea vicar?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I don't mind repping of any sort. It's the hiding behind (relative) anonymity that irks me. In fact Woderick has gone up in my estimation for putting his name to a recent -ve rep. I've not done this in the past I admit, but stepping back and thinking about it I've realised that anything else is a form of bullying. I think that a critic at least needs to be brave enough to stand by their words.

So I always initial my -ve reps these days.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning all.

Here we is again again.

Comment

I don't think I've ever -ved anyone.

I've electrocuted a few though.

Comment

Working...
                      X