• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made it to and from the school without getting wet

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Got contacted direct about a BA gig should I want it.

I don't really consider myself officially benched till next month as I'm still due two lots of invoices and Feb will be the first non invoice month.

Thing is I do PM, I'm not exactly desperate and the job will be dull and from the sound of it politically messy (even as a contractor I will not get away from it). From what I know about the role it could be very volatile from the point of view that it could all go Pete Tong and I'm back on the bench again.

I'm waiting to hear about two other roles but I have a sneaking suspicion that these won't materialise.

I may just grit my teeth and hang on.
      How long is this gig for? If it does go tits up you'll get a few months money out of it and be back where you were, on the bench, no different to where you are now.

You can always stall for time while you wait to hear about the other two. Get the contract paper work checked by your legal advisor etc...
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Hurrah.

Lovely sunny afternoon here in Swansea.

Most unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          How long is this gig for? If it does go tits up you'll get a few months money out of it and be back where you were, on the bench, no different to where you are now.

You can always stall for time while you wait to hear about the other two. Get the contract paper work checked by your legal advisor etc...
          I'm not sure I want to go back down the ladder, and have to do a job i hate (again).

I'll also end up doing silly hours, which is not what I want on top of a 4 hour commute.

I spent a year doing a tulipe gig last year and even when they offered me a six month extension, I'd really had enough.

I think I'll sit this one out.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

What's the best way to find someones email address ?

I have the domain but don't know the format - could be
            [email protected]

or [email protected]

Comment

Byeee

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                What's the best way to find someones email address ?

I have the domain but don't know the format - could be
                [email protected]

or [email protected]
                See if there are any email addresses on the web site in the x.y (or other) format. I've found larger organisations use this (so do smaller ones, but less frequently).
                The most common format for small orgs(in my experience) is <firstname initial><surname>

Pile in lads and tell me I'm talking bollox
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

I think I'll sit this one out.
                  Good plan. You deserve a break anyway. You could apply for this and get it, then next week a really good one comes along.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Further to the telephone interview with FiveTimes regarding the developer role we are not going to progress further with his application.

FiveTimes came across very professional over the phone we found that FiveTimes has had a lot of support in his previous roles as he worked as part of large teams whereas in xxx we would be looking for someone who is proactive and would have the ability and experience to work on their own. We carried out a few telephone interviews yesterday and has decided to progress with 2 other candidates who he felt were a better fir for this role.

Looks like my gut feeling were right
                    Ah bollocks. Keep calm and carry on
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      Good plan. You deserve a break anyway. You could apply for this and get it, then next week a really good one comes along.
                      I don't even need to apply for this, it's the one my ex-BA mentioned to me on Wed.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X