• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Were you wearing the Batman outfit?
    Just for once : no!

So how are you doing Sir?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I wanted to take the kids cycling after church : particularly as I had the bikes serviced last week. But it was raining so I took them swimming instead.
      Well, you don't want them to get wet

Comment

Just for once : no!

So how are you doing Sir?
        Bah! I've got a load of bottles and jars to recycle; I was just about to load the car up and take them to the council's recycling centre, our recycling bin having been nicked many years ago.

I've just found out that the recycling centre closes at 6pm from October to March

So much for getting the kitchen completely sorted out this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Bah! I've got a load of bottles and jars to recycle; I was just about to load the car up and take them to the council's recycling centre, our recycling bin having been nicked many years ago.

I've just found out that the recycling centre closes at 6pm from October to March

So much for getting the kitchen completely sorted out this weekend
          Cant you get a new recycling bin?

It allways seems as shame to me when one has to drive to the recycling centre (as I do when our tiny bins get too full).

Comment

Nick : have you been to the pump & tap protest? I can lend you my spiderman costume if you want......

Comment

15 minutes until dinner time......

Comment

Cant you get a new recycling bin?
                You'd think, wouldn't you?

Comment

Nick : have you been to the pump & tap protest? I can lend you my spiderman costume if you want......

I couldn't go during the week, due to being 90 miles away. However I have been continuing to show my support for the pub in the usual manner on weekend evenings

We still don't know when, or even if, the pub will go. I reckon they're going to get rid of the bridge first, let things cool down, and hope that a lot of people won't be so bothered about the pub.

I also reckon they are wrong in thinking this: that pub's achieved a kind of iconic status over the last twenty-one years, and the people with fond memories of it tend to be the vociferous, anti-establishment type

Comment

I have now booked my hotel rooms through to Christmas, and the end of my contract

Eleven more arrivals and departures... assuming I'm expected at ClientOrg in Christmas week itself.

Actually, I've just realised I need to change one of those bookings: I'm going to Brighton for a JavaScript conference in November

Comment

15 minutes until dinner time......
                      It was hot dogs

Comment

Working...
                      X