• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Is that all?

So, how was it in detail?
    Apologies for the probably random order of the following...

It was OK, but DS1 and I both agree that it wasn't as good as last year. I think we came away feeling that there didn't seem to be anything really new of note - in previous years they'd had new stuff to showcase such as Warhammer Online and Apocalypse, but there wasn't really anything like that this year.

Massive attendance again - thousands of people from all over the country that demonstrates just how popular and strong the hobby is.

Some of the new Space Wolves sets were available in good quantity (Canis Wolfborn is a beauty) and being dished out by none other than the manager of our local store.

The new codex wasn't available there, although on the way home we popped into our local Games Workshop store to pick up a couple of items that weren't available at Games Day, and the chap there (having drawn the short straw at having to man the store, and recognising us as valuable customers) let us have a copy of it a week early

The Golden Daemon candidates were stunning as ever. We didn't stay for the awards, which reminds me that I must head over to the website to check out the winners later.

They weren't making use of the main LG Arena this year, previously used to good effect to host the gaming tables and provide seating to watch the large video screen hosting the Golden Daemon Awards. As a result the gaming tables didn't seem as well laid out. The show still occupied three halls though, and there was plenty to look at.

Forge World was massively understaffed (again) and the queue was 5/6 people deep all round the counter for the duration of the show. I'm continually amazed at how much money people spend there.

We were hoping to see/play a demo of the forthcoming Space Marine video game, but alas it wasn't to be seen.

We took along a neighbour (a collector of Citadel Miniatures since '76) and his son - they had never been before and they seemed to enjoy it.
    Last edited by voodooflux; 28 September 2009, 08:34.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Morning all.

Start of Term.

Someone shoot me now.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        I think that could become a new TPD meme, with being the pictorial representation.
        Good Moonring!

That's tricky to do. The and smilies are over the "Contractor Services" advert and so I cannot click on them.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Morning everyone

Morning (again) doggie
          Get a room!
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Good morning all!

Morning (again) CM!
            Ditto!

Comment

Forgot to mention, they were handing out some flyer at the show to advertise a W40K movie that is in the works - Ultramarines: The Movie.

It's a CGI job and straight to DVD though, by the same people that did the Lego Bionicle movies. I'm disappointed that it isn't a live action movie, although that was probably too much to hope for.

I hope it lives up to some of the cinematic content that the recent games have featured...

Dawn of War

Dawn of War II

Warhammer Online

Comment

Morning everyone
                Morning CM

Morning (again) doggie
                That implies double morning doggie

Comment

Good morning all!
                  Morning Churchy

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    ...the puddle tasted of stale beer...
                    You're forensic dedication is to be admired, but not repeated

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all.

Start of Term.

Someone shoot me now.
                      Morning Zeity

Any sign of the lustee to perk you up a bit?

Comment

Working...
                      X