• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    I think Zippy might be a "she"
    aah... well in that case if it isn't a takeaway meal I'll pass then
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Right - that's enough I'm off home - night all
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        aah... well in that case if it isn't a takeaway meal I'll pass then
        She's gone quiet, so I'm assuming she didn't buy enough to share
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Right - that's enough I'm off home - night all
          Cheerio Jog
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Sorry - chinese consumed. I bought enough to share but someone (and two cats) beat you all to it
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Sorry - chinese consumed. I bought enough to share but someone (and two cats) beat you all to it

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                I've found Zeity's next computer: The ZX Spectrum Laptop.
                Cheeky git...

Evening all <in tribute to Dixon of Dock Green for the uninitiated>

Byeeee

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Evening all <in tribute to Dixon of Dock Green for the uninitiated>
                  Who was shot in the film "The Blue Lamp" by that nice Dirke Bogarte chappie before he became a Doctor... or died in Venice with Charlotte Rampling or something...

Then came back to life as a TV copper later in the 50s...

Comment

Evening Zeity
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

He'll just want to be able to see the numbers and measure the results and effectiveness of the service.

I'm using Winautomation to do various http requests (number of baclinks to a client's site - what they are, page rank and alexa score etc) stick it into a database and then presenting the info with a PhP front end.

So we can see how someone's site ranks for their keywords, how many backlinks, their traffic data (automatic emailed csv reports from Google analytics) then do before and after comparisons. Also regular reports so we can see how efficient our service is.

Then the clients will be able to log into the site and get reports etc and training and stuff.
                      It sounds dangerously close to being Web 1.useful

I often wondered why people were so keen to embrace whatever they thought of as Web 2.0 when it was quite clear that they didn't know what to do with Web 1.0 - then I realised that it was because they didn't know what to do and thought version 2 would make it easier

Meanwhile, whatever Tim O'Reilly says (and I do like many of the books his company publishes), we have no need of Web 2.0 at this time - most people are still getting to grips with Web 0.1 alpha, and I'm pretty certain that the best things that have so far been done approach Web 0.9 at best. Apart from anything else, people still think in terms of the three-legged stool (or add a few extra legs for Atom or JSON) - they seldom seem to think of the endless possibilities offered by the Flying Carpet the stool sits upon

Comment

Working...
                      X