• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Not sure if it means something or not.

I know that if I was in that situation, I would want to be there as support. Not knowing what had happened, I would expect a partner to be there to help me through it.

BUT - since he's not met the family, maybe he was thinking that this wasn't the right time or place, and wasn't sure that he would be welcome as a potential "outsider". Maybe he wanted to offer, but didn't want to be "rejected".
    I suppose....... I wouldn't have been mean to him or anything maybe just told him it wasn't appropriate for him to come home!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Ah Jaysus Ted - I want it to be ok.... I'm getting old now, I don't want to be doing the single thing forever but I'm also not just going to settle...
      Ah sweetie - you're not getting old.

Just 'cos most people of your age are married, have a couple of kids, really settled down etc. etc. doesn't mean you'll be left on the shelf.

(JOKE!)
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

how old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          But every relationship has different drives, though I would have thought that at 6 months & outside marriage these would tend to be fairly high still.
          I was 20 when I'd been with my (now) Mrs for 6 months. Drives then were pretty strong, but maybe when you get to a certain age they tail off a bit...
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer
            Who are you asking?
            everybody who reads the question!

Comment

Ah Jaysus Ted - I want it to be ok.... I'm getting old now, I don't want to be doing the single thing forever but I'm also not just going to settle...
              I have to be honest here - Whenever I've been (or known someone) in a situation where they have questions over whether this is 'the one' - then invariably they are not 'the one'.

The question wouldn't even raise itself.

You say you're getting older - then life is too short. Move on, the right one is out there (probably a bit further south and wearing a red jumpsuit )
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I, on the other hand, am old & nearly shagged out... now where did I put those little blue pills?
                I tried some of those once.

Made no difference whatsoever.

I was most disappointed - it meant that we had to finish after only three hours.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I have a (one of many) problem
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I know but like I said about husband - was with him for 11 years and still didn't know him. I loved him but at the end he just didn't love me back and now - I know I fon't want to get caught out like that again. I am "smitten" but don't know if thats going to lead to something else?
                    How come you didn't know him? Was he cheating like?

You can't let that scar you forever lass - pick up, move on, prepare to be trodden on again. You have to exposeyour heart in order to use it properly...there's always an element of risk involved in this.
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Get ready Gentlemen!!

The Ladie's privilege is nearly upon us
                      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                      X