• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    look where you're going man! get some glasses!
    I have. One. With pinkaholic in it.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Later

Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Oh well, there we are then...

Time to cuddle cat (Assuming she isn't fast asleep again).

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Time to cuddle cat (Assuming she isn't fast asleep again).

to zeity's cat.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Bored now.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              That'll have cheered him up.

Unless he's like me, in which case he won't go home until he has done it.
              Believe me, I thought through every possible option.

I also spent a lot of heavy-duty time exploring things in a debugger.

If it was possible, then any web site whatsoever could take control of your computer. This is down to security restrictions that were introduced in Netscape Navigator 2, when nobody knew anything about browser security except that this must never be allowed to happen.

He went home long before I did. After all, if he could do it, he would have done so.

Did I mention that I'd never met him until this morning when he came to my desk asking "Can you use JavaScript to move the mouse pointer?"

The next idea wasn't so obviously preposterous, but was still unworkable.

Ho hum

Comment

My visit to the kitchen resulted in Spider Patrol destroying two more Alien Octoped invaders.

It appears they are now conducting their invasion from downstairs and well as upstairs.
                Of course, a pincer movement. One day you'll accept the inevitable and embrace your new octoped masters.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Of course, a pincer movement. One day you'll accept the inevitable and embrace your new octoped masters.
                  Over the dried out husk of my dead body.

Probably.

Comment

Got that.

What I want now is DAB in the car.

It'll need a DAB --> FM transmitter or DAB --> fake cassette to work
                    I was at GCap when they shut down a load of their DAB stations as a waste of money. One of them was "The Jazz", which was (unsurprisingly) a jazz station.

Although a buyer for Planet Rock was found, "The Jazz" went the way of all non-profitable commercial radio stations at the end of February or March last year.

A few weeks later, a company-wide email came through:

A brown corduroy jacket has been left in the third floor meeting room. Can the owner please collect it from Reception.

Almost immediately came a reply:

I thought "The Jazz" closed down last month?

Comment

Something terrible has happened. I was reluctantly using Linux on my previous gig and floundering around like a fish out of water. Now I'm back on XP at my current gig and I'm missing the bloody Linux command line

I hate it, but it can be so useful at times

Comment

Working...
                      X