• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Another quiet day on tpd. I do hope tpd reaches the 200k before it dies.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        ClientOrg has been building a new meeting room right next to our desks.

The work is almost done
        And when it is done?

"Excuse me, is the meeting room free?"

"Excuse me, where's the spare flipcharts?"

"Excuse me, where can I get an extension lead for my laptop?"

"Excuse me, do you know when they are finishing in there?"

"Excuse me, can you give this note to Paul when he comes out, I'm going home, it is vital he gets it, bye."

"Excuse me, but the board pens have dried up. Where do I get more?"

"Excuse me, is it you arranges tea and coffee?"

"Excuse me, would you lot out there mind keeping the noise down. We're trying to hold a meeting in here."

"Excuse me, is this chair spare?"

"Excuse me, can you show me how to connect up the projector?"

"Excuse me, what does it mean when the projector is on but there's nothing on the screen?"

"Excuse me, can you pull the screen down for me, I can't reach."

"Excuse me, do you know where I can get a pen?"

"Excuse me, do you know how to turn the temperature down in here? Well can you go and find out?"

"Excuse me, do you know if this is the right meeting room?"

"Excuse me, can I just plug my mobile charger in to the socket in your desk? If it goes off, just take a message."

"Excuse me, did I leave my handbag out here? Are you sure? It had a large bundle of cash in it and I'm sure I left it out here right by where you are sitting."

"Excuse me, where's the toilets / ladies / bathroom / rest room / little boy's room / thingy / umm, you know / canteen?"

"Excuse me, how do you get out from here?"

"Excuse me, can you tell me where to find Balasubramanium Charmasundru? That sounds tricky, can you take me to him?"

"Excuse me, what the extension number for the phone in this room?"

"Excuse me, can you just do me a quick favour and just run of 18 copies of this colour, double-sided, spiral-bound, clearly copyrighted, training manual? But hurry up, we're waiting to start."

"Excuse me, if this isn't meeting room 17, where is it?"

"Excuse me, would you mind keeping an eye on my stuff in this room while I go out for a three-hour lunch in the pub? I wont be long, promise."

"Excuse me, where do I find the key for this room?"

"Excuse me, do you know the number we use here for the teleconferencing? That's the one I have too but it is asking me for an account number and I don't have one. Can you just tell me yours?"

"Excuse me, do you know why there is razor wire at throat height stretched across the fire exit of this room, and a trip wire in the doorway connected to a time-delay explosive device, and why the door seems to have no handle on the inside?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

ClientCo have decided to move the few of us still holding out in a quiet side-office into the main open-plan area.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              ClientCo have decided to move the few of us still holding out in a quiet side-office into the main open-plan area.
              There are only 4 developer types in our nice*, quiet office at the moment, and they want to move us in with the project managers, senior managers and support personnel.

* it's not nice really, in fact it's a bit tulipe to be honest.

Comment

Oh well

Comment

My cold is getting worse

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Another quiet day on tpd. I do hope tpd reaches the 200k before it dies.
                    before "Suityou01 is boring" reaches 200

Comment

Bump
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X