• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    BI would give you a percentage breakdown, and also a drivel to non-drivel ratio as well...
    I forgot about them.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

12th November 2008, 22:09 #132321
      And, our overall, runaway winner, with over 90% of drivel posted:

Code:
                    TPD    Non-LR  Total  %age drivel
      BrowneIssue    8564     830   9394       91.16%
      A legend in his own lunchtime - well done, sir, and come back soon!!

Code:
                    TPD    Non-LR  Total  %age drivel
      BrowneIssue    8757    1181   9938       88.12%
      I've ruined it! All that ranting in General has taken me below 90% drivel.

I am so ashamed.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

When you fall asleep in the chair, it's time to go to bed.

But I have been up since 6.

Nighty night, boys and girls. Nighty night.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
          I'm sure that the chimp could write some whizzy algorithm that will tell us who has the record for most posts in a 24 hour period.
          Did such a thing occur?
          Funnily enough, this correlates quite closely with the recent requirements at NewClientCo (they don't get the "Corp" suffix, not being a "Corp" - though none the worse for that).

I've spent a lot of time tonight considering the application of certain techniques I've explored at NewClientCo over the last few days to testpleasedelete.com. I think I shall be able to provide some useful - well, useless, given that TPD is a work of art and, as Oscar Wilde pointed out, all art is quite useless - anyway, some statistical perspectives of dubious value but undoubted quality, although I'll need to get the index up to date to make everything perfect

Then tay can mock me for it. Wotever; he couldn't actually do it in the first place. Or if he could, he wouldn't, as it might bring pleasure to others, which is outside his remit.

I feel quite sorry for tay; he seems to think that anything that makes somebody other than himself happy is a bit of happiness that has been stolen away from him, and therefore he derides and mocks their source of happiness to make himself feel better about his own little life.

I see other people finding happiness in ways I can't comprehend - but the longer I live, the more I realise that passing judgement on the sources of other people's happiness isn't my job. Rejoicing in the fact that they are happy is the natural response of social creatures such as apes like us. I may not be able to understand why somebody likes the Daily Mail or the novels of Jilly Cooper (and the two tend to go hand-in-hand) but is it for me to judge these people in any absolute sense?

I may feel contempt for their taste, but that says more about my own judgmental attitude than it does about them. I even feel compassion for Cyberman - he's just another ape-like-me, confused and distressed by the chaos caused by the apes who gained control of Important Stuff and were No Bloody Good.

But tay? He seems to actively resent or despise others for no obvious reason, other than that they are others, and not him.

He's pretty sad really

I'm still in two minds about the best way of dealing with the two pre-100k post deletions (at time of posting)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I'm still in two minds about the best way of dealing with the two pre-100k post deletions (at time of posting)
            Not to mention the added complexity if such a thing were to happen again, at the same time as the previous occurrences were being dealt with

Still, I think I see a way through that - although I may not remember it in the morning. It may not be the best way anyway, but if it is I'll probably remember it. If I don't, then there must be a better way.

We'll get there in the end... or rather, this being TPD, we won't, as there is no end

Comment

Just found this subject line in my :
              Have you heard of tapeworm eggs to lose mass?.

Comment

morning all

Tiler is here and I've been up early doing stuff that I forgot to do last night !

Comment

flowers and perfume have been given to Mrs. I have forget to get a card though

Comment

I had to restore my desktop last night to last weeks restore point. I'm suspecting DD1 might have been doing some clicking etc that resulted in trojans/viruses

Comment

morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X