• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    we need to take a look at one of the chickens who doesn't seem to be as active as she should be.
    Oh dear

Hope it's OK <- chickenly

Comment

Aaagh, look at the time - better head to the motorway

Later denizens

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Welcome back

I bet you missed TPD

I did, strangely...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Comment

Population
            1815 Revenues
            419500 € Unemployment 1 %
            Transport 99 %
            Crime rate 1 %
            Pollution 2 %

rank=310

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              I did, strangely...

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Just got back from my mother's 75th birthday lunch, at a very nice old country pub

It was quite worrying - for a while it seemed as if we might have a lovely meal together with my mother being the centre of attention

Luckily, my sister managed to find something to whinge about - the banoffee pie wasn't to her satisfaction, so she was able to swing the entire focus of the event back on to herself, which is of course entirely right and proper, the Universe having been created solely for the purpose of giving her something to moan about

Whining at us was insufficient to satisfy to her craving for attention, so she decided to start bitching to the chef, who I think is also the landlady. That worthy citizen ended up so irritated that she came within an ace of telling my sister to STFU or GTFO, which I found pretty entertaining

I headed straight back after lunch, but when I phoned my mum just now it appeared that sis has continued with her moaning for the rest of the afternoon

One good thing is that she's already felt some similar vague sense of dissatisfaction, which she has then inflated into a wrong of indescribable proportions, at every other eatery in the entire county. So we can never go out for a meal together as a family again, as she's sworn never more to set foot in the whole lot of them

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Luckily, my sister managed to find something to whinge about
                  Sorry to hear the meal wasn't the relaxing occasion you were hoping for

Luckily, my sister managed to find something to whinge about - the banoffee pie wasn't to her satisfaction
                  I consider myself to be an expert on banoffee pie - what was wrong with it?
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Just added the final supports to the gate I constructed - it's rather impressive (and rock solid) now. If this IT lark doesn't pan out for me then I can always go into gate manufacture as a Plan B

Comment

Oh dear

Hope it's OK <- chickenly
                      Lady VF is a bit worried about this particular chicken ("Betty") - the one that laid the egg the other day. Being the smallest of the three she's at the bottom of the pecking order, so hopefully she's still settling down.

Comment

Working...
                      X