• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Its not working on SKA is it?

Sadly, nothing so exalted

Comment

Currently watching propert ladder on more4

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Sadly, nothing so exalted
        Well : nothing could be really....

Comment

Hi EO

Thanks - it sounds as if the gig will be a bit intense, but in a good way. The timing is pretty good though, as I've got the better part of a couple of weeks to be looking in detail at some of the stuff they deal with.

Apparently it involves working with their R&D team, which seems to be dealing with some pretty cutting-edge stuff
          Hi Nick

Ah well - intense can be good as it helps stem the onset of complacency, or so I find.

Sounds interesting - do you know what the hours are? You need either to bee off the M42 by 7am or not on it til 9:30am, if you know what I mean...

No chance of any WFH?
          The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
            Hi Nick

Ah well - intense can be good as it helps stem the onset of complacency, or so I find.

Sounds interesting - do you know what the hours are? You need either to bee off the M42 by 7am or not on it til 9:30am, if you know what I mean...

No chance of any WFH?
            No details yet - the last guy got canned on Friday, the pimp posted the gig on Jobserve on Saturday morning. I had a chat with him this afternoon, but it was just a fairly detailed description of the company, the team, what they do - nothing about times, WFH, and so forth.

It doesn't actually involve the M42 - it's a quick dive down the A446 where it branches off at the M6-M42 junction. Still, that junction can get pretty chaotic

A few years ago I was at that junction heading for Bristol - in my rear-view mirror I saw a guy who wanted the M6 forget he was towing a caravan and smack it straight into the side of a BMW as he tried to switch lanes

Comment

No details yet - the last guy got canned on Friday, the pimp posted the gig on Jobserve on Saturday morning. I had a chat with him this afternoon, but it was just a fairly detailed description of the company, the team, what they do - nothing about times, WFH, and so forth.

It doesn't actually involve the M42 - it's a quick dive down the A446 where it branches off at the M6-M42 junction. Still, that junction can get pretty chaotic

A few years ago I was at that junction heading for Bristol - in my rear-view mirror I saw a guy who wanted the M6 forget he was towing a caravan and smack it straight into the side of a BMW as he tried to switch lanes
              Well I hope it works out for you mate, if you want it to.

It's just amazing how much stupidity one sees on the roads, especially when one does as many miles per year as I do. I am genuinely astonished that there aren't a greater number of serious accidents.

Do you think your current steed would be up to the job, or would you need to upgrade to a later model? Something like a '97 maybe
              The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Well I hope it works out for you mate, if you want it to.

It's just amazing how much stupidity one sees on the roads, especially when one does as many miles per year as I do. I am genuinely astonished that there aren't a greater number of serious accidents.

Do you think your current steed would be up to the job, or would you need to upgrade to a later model? Something like a '97 maybe
                Super Monkey Car FTW!

According to the VIN, this coming February will be twenty years since its date of manufacture (although it wasn't on the road until August). Still going strong

Comment

Super Monkey Car FTW!

According to the VIN, this coming February will be twenty years since its date of manufacture (although it wasn't on the road until August). Still going strong
                  Sometimes you get good ones...

I bought a K reg Cavalier, years and years ago - my grandfather still has it

If it can withstand his driving, it can withstand anything.

Comment

Sometimes you get good ones...

I bought a K reg Cavalier, years and years ago - my grandfather still has it

If it can withstand his driving, it can withstand anything.
                    You just have to talk to them the right way, and they'll keep going for years

<insert obligatory analogy with women>

The friend I bought it from actually told me that as well - he reckoned talking nicely to it was the most effective way of ensuring it started on cold mornings

Comment

You just have to talk to them the right way, and they'll keep going for years

<insert obligatory analogy with women>

The friend I bought it from actually told me that as well - he reckoned talking nicely to it was the most effective way of ensuring it started on cold mornings
                      In my experience with Fords, nothing else will help.

Comment

Working...
                      X